Let the OC BEGIN!!!!!!!

sack_patrol

Yeah just crank up the Vcore to about 3.0v, you won't get anymore freezing EVER..Suggest you quit playing Russian Roulette in the BIOS untill you read about it, understand it, understand OC'ing, and realize what can happen if you screw it up..Which seems highly likely for you at this time.

Are you referring to anything else that the voltage? I don't think so. What I do think though, is that I said that I'm not done with this yet. May not be right now, but eventually it will.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following advice is for someone who won't cry in the extremely unlikely case that their cpu dies:

-set voltage to 1.55 or 1.50, reboot and make sure it doesn't bsod. You can go as high as you want as long as your cpu is stable at such voltages, and you're alright with the voltage, meaning you're alright with the amount of stress on your cpu and the heat produced/electricity used

-fsb 200, bump multi up, boot windows and restart, rinse and repeat until you bsod. Back off half a multi or a multi, occt or linpack for as long as you feel necessary, if data integrety is not crucial (not a home server or anything, only programs and games no data), you can do with a single hour of OCCT.

-If you like, you can start moving up your fsb to tweak it even further... but I don't bother with fsb unless I'm running OCable memory like OCZ Reapers.

-Have fun

-1.5v is generally considered 'extreme but fairly safe' voltage for 45nano's, 1.6 and it dies after a day of stressing. Some guys ran some high end c2q 45nm at 1.6vcore for a day and it died. Use 1.6vcore if you've got a twkr and some LN2 lol

^See this guy should have been here from the start. Because it was mostly his information that helped me the most. (along with all the guides, and other people here ofcourse) Not the lectures, and warnings.

Edited by ballist1x

^See this guy should have been here from the start. Because it was mostly his information that helped me the most. (along with all the guides, and other people here ofcourse) Not the lectures, and warnings.

I agree the warnings don't do a lot as far as help, but I think that was his not so nice way of saying do your research FIRST then EXPERIMENT.

Good luck with your quest. Let us know if and when you need help again!

I did infact do research after I read his post....before that I didn't really understand it that good so I though..."eh I could go without all this complication." After I read Dolk's guide twice I understood what he was saying so I did it and it worked.

Many thanks to all of you for the patience and help. :]

:rant

Well Ballist I must say thats a nice OC. (said while grinding teeth and using colerful language in mid rant) Only reason I say is I don't think I will ever get past the 3.50 mark.... Was the same with my athlon 64 x2 and with the phenom II 940 BE... No matter how persistantly I tweak, or read guides, same results after 8 hours. But oh well (still grinding teeth)

:end rant

Gratz on the excellent OC dude. im going to get another chip and shoot for the moon now. :P

P.S. Whats your max temps on that cooler and ambient in your room?

Edited by boinker

Hello Hello, I haven't been posting here because I was busy trying to get this sucker stable.

SO!

First to answer ur questions OCFreak and boinker: Max temps on 3.9Ghz with 1.48V while OCCT is running is 40 (load) idle is 33. Fan is on max though. Idk why I did that and when....Anyway.

NEXT!

I can't seem to get this chip stable on 3.9Ghz no matter what I do with it. I don't know if it's me or the chip. It's like...I read all the freakin guides and tips and whatnot in the internetz for ocing this cpu and cpus in general. I've looked at other peoples overclocks for this chip and I've copied, modified and everything in between. Sometimes it will crash...sometimes it will be stable for the entire 16 min test...then It'd crash when I play l4d. Right now I've toned it down to 3.8Ghz and 1.38V (temp is 33.5 while testing) so that I have atleast this. Everything except the multi and the voltage is on stock. I guess someone has to give me a magical set up that would make my rig stable at 3.9 ...that or I learn more about oc(not likely since I've read all the freakin guides n whatnot in the internets...for cpus and my cpu in particular). I don't know what I'll do. I think I'll give it a rest for a bit, until my lust for 'power' (cpu power that is) shows it's ugly head once again. I just keep telling my self that this can't be the end, and that there must be more that I can do on this cpu.

This is infact what I want to achieve and what I would be most proud of. If I could get a 3.9Ghz 24/7 stable cpu. Otherwise theres nothing. Anyone can oc 3.8...even 3.9 I feel is a walk in the park for some (there is the factor of the chip which is different, but I just won't accept the fact that I can't oc more than 3.9).

Edited by ballist1x