Game Performance - Darkest of Days

Nemo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It came down to CUDA. Nvidia offered Physx to anyone who wanted it (as far as I know, for free), but in order to use Physx, you need to adopt CUDA, which AMD didn't want to do.

Makes sense. They will all have to standardize to a single API at some point anyway, you can't ask developers to implement CUDA, Stream, Havok and OpenCL.

Hmm if I wanted to crossfire 2 5870s and use a decicated 8800gtx for physx I'd have to sell my soundcard and buy the pci version...
are you a dj or somethin, who runs dedicated soundcards these days :P

I paid around $450 for my old 8800GTX, I will never do that again. You can build a pretty decent rig for that kinda money now

are you a dj or somethin, who runs dedicated soundcards these days :P

I paid around $450 for my old 8800GTX, I will never do that again. You can build a pretty decent rig for that kinda money now

Huh plenty of people run dedicated sound cards these days still. X-Fi > Onboard...

Huh plenty of people run dedicated sound cards these days still. X-Fi > Onboard...

I've never found any issue with onboard cards, they get better and better. I guess the beauty is in the ear's of the beholder though, I just think a better graphical experience would "speak" louder than questionably better sound would (if that makes any sense worded like that :P). Realtek's onboards sound great. Beautiful visuals are definitely harder to argue than the different qualities of sound outputs. I've never heard a difference between a dedicated soundcard and a good onboard one.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I've used onboard for years. And considering my headset is USB and thus has its own audio processor, getting a dedicated card would be absolutely pointless, as that's what I'll use when I care about the sounds in games.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW - has anyone else been experiencing AWFUL input lag? My mouse input lags by literally 500-750 milliseconds and it makes the game absolutely unplayable (this is with ~50 fps at my settings).

I literally can't play the game because of it...

BTW - has anyone else been experiencing AWFUL input lag? My mouse input lags by literally 500-750 milliseconds and it makes the game absolutely unplayable (this is with ~50 fps at my settings).

I literally can't play the game because of it...

I'll have to see how I do with it when I get it since we have similar setups

3 different computers with 3 different mice never had issues that you are talking about Waco.

:( Any of them Crossfire rigs?

I run it at 1920x1080, 4xAA, Vsync, and I get so much input lag I can't even play the game. The framerate is perfectly smooth though...it never dips below 30 FPS. :unsure:

The keyboard lags too...it's as if the entire game is running about 20 frames behind what I tell it to do.

Edited by Waco

:( Any of them Crossfire rigs?

I run it at 1920x1080, 4xAA, Vsync, and I get so much input lag I can't even play the game. The framerate is perfectly smooth though...it never dips below 30 FPS. :unsure:

The keyboard lags too...it's as if the entire game is running about 20 frames behind what I tell it to do.

One system has 4870x2 and it was ok.

I can fire up the forth rig and install it on there it has dual 4890's if you want?

Have you tried turning off the AA and vsync and see if goes away?