Bah stupid Blackboard!!!

greengiant912

So I goto a college that utilizes the software blackboard heavily. (http://www.blackboard.com) Anyways over the summer the administrator of that system decided to preform the upgrade on it. The issue however came with them preforming database upgrades without first preforming incremental upgrades. They litteraly jumped from 6.0 to 9.0. Blackboard apparently dosn't put in failsafes for this and well it destroyed the whole system.

Anyways They have tried to get the system back online. I was working on a Economics test today and I was at question 49 out of 60 and the system goes down. Needless to say I was annoyed, not only that the instructor informs me that I will have to take the whole thing over again...

GAH!

This is why I'm kind of glad my school went from WebCT to Blackboard 9.0. At least nothing got screwed over and its been pretty stable so far. Little bit more so than WebCT I'd have to say.. I'm still not liking the switch to Blackboard though. It seems rather complicated.

Now, if you want something to murder, try AstroPortal. My astronomy class uses that and the thing takes forever to log me in. I have to play a game with it, it has the password memorized so it should log me in automatically.. but no, it refuses. I enter the password multiple times before it finally realizes that its correct. Pisses me off all the time, at least the homework is once a week thing in it.

Anyways They have tried to get the system back online. I was working on a Economics test today and I was at question 49 out of 60 and the system goes down. Needless to say I was annoyed, not only that the instructor informs me that I will have to take the whole thing over again...GAH!

That sucks, but now you know what to study for on more then half of the problems :P

So I goto a college that utilizes the software blackboard heavily. (http://www.blackboard.com) Anyways over the summer the administrator of that system decided to preform the upgrade on it. The issue however came with them preforming database upgrades without first preforming incremental upgrades. They litteraly jumped from 6.0 to 9.0. Blackboard apparently dosn't put in failsafes for this and well it destroyed the whole system.

Anyways They have tried to get the system back online. I was working on a Economics test today and I was at question 49 out of 60 and the system goes down. Needless to say I was annoyed, not only that the instructor informs me that I will have to take the whole thing over again...

GAH!

I know what you mean. I never liked Blackboard.

My college has been using Blackboard Learning System - Release CE 8.0.2. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I taken 4 online classes using it and haven't had any issues, currently taking 2 online.

It is alright system when it works. The problem comes when your blackboard server admin dose an upgrade without first installing it on a test machine and making sure the upgrade goes smoothly....