MuAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

shiver_8

He is already running 1:1 so it should not go any lower. Nice FSB clock speed there. It was obvious from the first glance

Oh poopie,

My bad. Look b4 I post.

you can try to loosen up the timings a bit.

try to run 7-7-7-21 or even 9-9-9-24 to get the most out of her.

You should have manual adjustments for your ram timings in the bios, Sometimes the are not called by exactly the same acronym.

change each one in the bios manually. Sometimes there are many other fine tunning ram settings as well, but these are the most important. It wouldnt hurt to loosen them all up as much as you can for stability, If you are gonna keep it OCed there for an extended period you can adjust them a little tighter slowly, but ram errors can take many many hrs to sort through.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really havent seen many ppl run that high fsb at least not consistently, you barely ever see it much. You have to admit the fsb is up there, I think thats pretty good. There are some overclock benchmarking competitions goin on.

http://www.overclock.net/overclock-net-hwb...st-revised.html

You might already know

Edited by ocre

Thanks IVIYTHOS. I just read an article on cpu reference and nb reference voltage adjustment and I think I might be onto something. I'll report back with results.

keep at it, even if it means dropping 1200mhz sticks in there lol (j/k)

I really havent seen many ppl run that high fsb at least not consistently, you barely ever see it much.

Not as uncommon as you might think. Most doing it just don't post a lot of screenshots.

Not a bad OC for air, can it finish a 1M SPI run yet? I am curious what it runs compared to a higher multi/lower FSB overclock of the same amount. The load temps are going to be out of control though. If it hit high 60's with like a minute of prime, full load will be way into the high 70, maybe 80s. My lapped TRUE120 with 2x142cfm push/pull deltas couldn't keep my load temps in line @ 4.5ghz, and that is with a LOT less vcore, 1.375...poor thing almost hit 80c during benchmarks a few times with the fans at full speed.

Those 1200 mhz sticks don't sound too shabby right about now lol. No luck stabilizing 563x8 but I got into windows with 580x7 but having the memory as still the problem for stability.

Not to scare you, but be careful with playing with the FSB termi volts and other reference voltages in search of high mem speed. Quick way to kill a chip, and the increased mem bandwidth over a higher multiplier overclock does little to nothing for performance. :) The onboard memory controllers are very sensitive to overvolting.

**edit** Just noticed it shows 1.47 vcore and I thought you had 1.42 for some reason. Ouch! Almost 1.5vcore is a lot for an air cooled 45nm. I wouldn't go over 1.45 on anything but subzero cooling if you plan on keeping that chip.

Edited by Puck

My lapped TRUE120 with 2x142cfm push/pull deltas couldn't keep my load temps in line @ 4.5ghz, and that is with a LOT less vcore, 1.375...poor thing almost hit 80c during benchmarks a few times with the fans at full speed.

My quad hits high 70s when running IntelBurnTest...and it's at a much MUCH lower speed. :/ I got a crappy VID chip.

Edited by Waco

My quad hits high 70s when running IntelBurnTest...and it's at a much MUCH lower speed. :/ I got a crappy VID chip.

My chip is a dual! Those 1.47v and 4.5ghz would put him over 80c with any decent load on both cores :O .

screenshot was taken 6.9.2009 at 3:01pm

your welcome

?

AKA 9/6/09 in the US, AKA Sept 6th, 2009, AKA same day he posted the thread. :blink: .