Xbox 360 gfx VS PC gfx

00stevo

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you lock a framerate? On crysis warhead,my frameate never dips below 30fps.So can i lock it to that instead of jumping from 55>47>34>60>49 etc?

You might be able to in the engine, but the easiest thing to do would be to enable vsync.

very nice, I'm going to download Rivatuner right now!

Every since SP2, rivatunner quit working in vista. I havent put an ounce of time into it though I suppose If i roll back my driver it might fix it. I play few games on my vista drive, all my favs are on XP.

If you want to lock framerate in Crysis it will cause the actual game to run at 30fps but not what you are seeing. So if your framerate is 15fps then the game will actually be running in a slow-mo type way.

The console command for this is fixed_time_step 0.033333 (for 30fps) To get any framerate you want it's 1 divided by your target framerate (1/30=0.03333). This is part the the technique used to record mass physics videos in the Crysis Editor such as the one I made

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

Well the tearing is still there,although i 'think' its not so bad as before.

@ XxHellxRaizerxX : Thanks for the tip mate,much appreciated.But wouldnt it be great if developers included options like locking the framerate within the advanced options menu? Surely they realise that us pc gamers are more clued up compared to console gamers,so we will understand the positives and negatives of enabling such an option?