Xbox 360 gfx VS PC gfx

00stevo

Am I the only one who is wondering what "flickshotting" is?

It's a technique used by players for when you have one shot left (whether you have to reload or you know the other guy is going to get you before you can fire your second shot) that's basically flicking your mouse from where it was right on to the target and shooting in the process. It's one of the most useful techniques for killing an enemy even after he was the one who got the first shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwYKV-ta9mI...feature=related

^ at 3:43, excellent demonstration of a flickshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rqwt7fP84c

^ at 1:59 excellent flickshot.

It's really hard to get these with input lag because the timing is so, so crucial.

Properly set up the maximum lag introduced is ~16 milliseconds at 60 Hz. The higher the refresh rate, the lower than number goes.

Can you please explain to me how I'm getting noticable input lag?

Under Source, I get input lag when Vsync is enabled (there is no double or triple buffering option besides Left 4 Dead) and Vsync in the ATI control panel is set to "application settings".

Edited by tkrow21

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the triple buffering with riva tuner only works on nvidia cards... tho I may be wrong. If I am then could someone show me where to find it :P

:withstupid: I don't see any setting in RivaTuner at all for triple buffering.

Waco save us!!!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Can you please explain to me how I'm getting noticable input lag?

Try setting your fps_max to just under your refresh rate (58 or 59 FPS for 60 Hz). The Source engine doesn't exactly handle vsync gracefully on some hardware.

I would just like to say that after reflecting my own comments,i can indeed see that pc gfx are better than consoles.Cod 4 looks great @ 1080p,but it pales in comparison to crysis.The water,trees,models,textures etc are way more dynamic and fluid.So eh,pc's are better! (for gfx at least)

No i really did mean 'at least'.I love the way i can just save and quit and be on the web within seconds.Or i could burn a dvd/cd,search for 'downloads',or edit pictures or whatever.Consoles cant do that,so i think i'll stick with my pc for now at least.he he.

No i really did mean 'at least'.I love the way i can just save and quit and be on the web within seconds.Or i could burn a dvd/cd,search for 'downloads',or edit pictures or whatever.Consoles cant do that,so i think i'll stick with my pc for now at least.he he.

again with the "at least"!!!! :lol: