5870 price range

N.E.A

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's still not practical for the average user. Nice that it's available and all but still not practical. When I can install a card and the drivers from the disk it came on and everything works without patches hacks or workarounds and I have a physics engine that is seamlessly integrated wake me up and let me know.

I own ATI cards and that's where I've thrown my lot. It's too late to go back and I won't cry about what I'm missing. It is a shame that it extends to games that I'll never get to see as fully as they were intended by the developers. I'd love to see all of the things I'm missing in Darkest of Days, Batman Arkam Asylum, Mirror's Edge, and Cryostasis. I see this as ATI's responsibility to get with the developers and work hard to ensure that I can enjoy the gaming experience that I've paid a lot of money for. I really like my 5870s but feel I should get a little more from ATI. Thinking back to when I owned an Xbox 360 Star Wars The Force Unleashed had a new software physics engine. Why hasn't ATI gotten with that developer or persued a similar engine? Maybe they have but I'm not seeing the fruit of those efforts yet. When ATI throws more resources and effort into working with developers and coming out with great drivers then they won't have to worry nearly as much about what nvidia has to offer. Maybe they'll work hard with developers using DirectX 11. Things are starting to look promising but I won't hold my breath.

It's still not practical for the average user. Nice that it's available and all but still not practical. When I can install a card and the drivers from the disk it came on and everything works without patches hacks or workarounds and I have a physics engine that is seamlessly integrated wake me up and let me know.

I own ATI cards and that's where I've thrown my lot. It's too late to go back and I won't cry about what I'm missing. It is a shame that it extends to games that I'll never get to see as fully as they were intended by the developers. I'd love to see all of the things I'm missing in Darkest of Days, Batman Arkam Asylum, Mirror's Edge, and Cryostasis. I see this as ATI's responsibility to get with the developers and work hard to ensure that I can enjoy the gaming experience that I've paid a lot of money for. I really like my 5870s but feel I should get a little more from ATI. Thinking back to when I owned an Xbox 360 Star Wars The Force Unleashed had a new software physics engine. Why hasn't ATI gotten with that developer or persued a similar engine? Maybe they have but I'm not seeing the fruit of those efforts yet. When ATI throws more resources and effort into working with developers and coming out with great drivers then they won't have to worry nearly as much about what nvidia has to offer. Maybe they'll work hard with developers using DirectX 11. Things are starting to look promising but I won't hold my breath.

was that all sarcastic, you know AMD (ATI) is working SPECIFICALLY with the creators of Force Unleashed's physics engine "bullet" to make that the open source cure to the proprietary physx (and also Intel's Havoc)

Nope not sarcastic at all. The game has been out for over a year now and I still am not seeing the fruit of any of these efforts. The bullet engine is out and has been implemented. I need to see something and be able to use it. Right now I can't.

he get's really touchy about how ATI's can't enjoy batman fully and this would ruffle his feathers :P

You bet I do. But hey if this works great just sucks that people have to run two cards to make it work :(

Heck yes 8800GT here I come.

yeah Comp I meant to PM ya. With that new driver patch that lets ati work with new nvidia drivers, I can now play mirror's edge with physx flawlessly :thumbs-up:. Go scoop up yourself a 8800GT!!