Best Air Cooler?

MJCRO

I used to run a lapped TRUE with 2 fans for almost two years,it was the best cooler around,the only problem is that thermalright cant make a flat base so you need to lap it...

ProlimaTech Megalems is also good,currently i switched to a new german cooler: EKL Brocken and its 3 celsius cooler than my old TRUE ,its direct contact heatpipe, no need to lap,takes push pull fan configuration a really nice HS for a quad would be my vote if you can get it.Like i see you are from USA so your best shot would be the TRUE ;)

I still haven't actually lapped the bottom of my TRUE yet, do you think I ought to?? I'm also wondering if I should lap my Q9450 or just leave that until it's warranty expires??

It may only be by a small margin, but TRUE 120 with two high cfm+high static pressure fans in push/pull is still as good as it gets. You did say "Best", and not "Best for the price"...

I had very nice results using dual Delta SHE tri-blades, which when I bought them they were one of the strongest fans you can mount on a fan controller without passing the amp limit(they draw .8amps each, most controller have a 1a limit). 142cfm each with over 13mm of static pressure - which is very important for using with dense fin heatsinks or rads.

They were close to 20 bucks each when I got them though, plus the $60 TRUE and some AS5 put me over 100 bucks for air cooling...but you gotta pay to play! I think Delta has new standard fas now that have even more cfm and static pressure and have the same or less power requirements.

Were those fans loud?? that's pretty good airflow. I am unsure of my fans static pressure reading but their airflow is 133.60CFM at .6A (ultra kazes 3000rpm)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't actually lapped the bottom of my TRUE yet, do you think I ought to?? I'm also wondering if I should lap my Q9450 or just leave that until it's warranty expires??

I highly suggest you lap the TRUE and the IHS both. I can promise you that neither are flat. The CPU is up to you though, it could be a bit scarey the first time you lap one, but I used to run them naked so it wasn't a big deal for me.

Were those fans loud?? that's pretty good airflow. I am unsure of my fans static pressure reading but their airflow is 133.60CFM at .6A (ultra kazes 3000rpm)

Depends on who you ask.

Quiter then a tornado, but louder then a lot of other fans. A tri blade fan has a unique hum to it, so its not an annoying buzz but more like a roar that makes it less bothersome. The ultra kaze is quiter for sure though.

can someone give their opinions/experiences with the Xigmatek Thor's Hammer? preferably as to how it runs on an AMD x4 system ? :unsure: (and possibly a link to the cheapest one you find in the UK? :P)

Edited by SenitaL

can someone give their opinions/experiences with the Xigmatek Thor's Hammer? preferably as to how it runs on an AMD x4 system ? :unsure: (and possibly a link to the cheapest one you find in the UK? :P)

If you're looking for the best cooler on a budget, it's the Sunbeam Core Contact