need a new mouse

Crawlerz246

Id HIGHLY recommend the G5. Have 2 of them myself, and love em. Haven't got a bad word to say about em. Great build quality, great drivers, fits perfectly in my hand.

IF the G5 is abit wide for you, perhaps try a Razer mouse. Some of theirs are quiet thin. (My DiamondBack was at lest.)

Id HIGHLY recommend the G5. Have 2 of them myself, and love em. Haven't got a bad word to say about em. Great build quality, great drivers, fits perfectly in my hand.

:withstupid: Another vote for the G5

Something tells me you might like the Steelseries Ikari mouse. Has a nice fit to it and definitely not wide. Check it out! Amazing gaming mouse to say the least.

okaaaaaaay. yes I see them. http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Ikari-La...1947&sr=8-1 looks good. gaming. fast. laser. right handed. two questions though:

-one reviewer said it is BIG and fits his hand perfectly. see I need SMALL to fit me perfectly. and another reviewer said http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Ikari-La...#R2NXRLU0691T27 it is too big for small hand gamers.

-why has another reviewer said it WAS DIFFICULT TO LIFT UP TO REPOSITION?! I don't understand that at all.

-this is a bit more than I wanted to spend on a mouse though. but if it'll work for me then kudos, I'll dive right in.

Edited by Crawlerz246

I've heard really bad things about the lifespan of Steelseries mice in general.

The G9 is a great mouse, really. It has more features than the G5, higher DPI, and both will last forever. The only real difference is your grip. If you don't squeeze the sides of the mouse with your fingers while moving it, you're probably using more of a palm-style grip, in which case I would recommend the G5. If you move the mouse around with your fingertips, I would recommend the G9. The G9 favors more of an "alert and armed" wrist position, while the G5 favors a more relaxed wrist.

For $50 I would go with the G9, but that's because I like the fingertip grip with a raised wrist.

If you want more resources, I found some good (if slightly disorganized) gaming mouse info here: http://reviewrelay.com/computer/mouse/gami...se-summary.aspx

I'll just briefly go over my mouse experiences, in the last 6 months I have gone through 2 logitech G7's and a MX revolution. Now I have a G9. I've had the G9 for about a week now and I'm really beginning to like it. It does take some time to get use to it but its actually working unlike those pesky wireless mice... I would definitely recommend either the G5 or the G9 both are good choices, but avoid the current wireless offerings from logitech as they seem to have a lot of issues at the moment. If you are concerned with the G9 being too wide, the precision grip for it might work better for you. It not as wide so it might feel more comfortable, did you get a chance to try both grips or just the one?

I will say the logitech RMA process is really quite painless though. So I give them credit for having good support. I never had to pay for the shipping and the turn around time was generally within a week and a half. Lets just say if it wasn't for the good support I would have switched to another company a long time ago.

If you don't want a mouse that is too wide I would suggest the Razer Deathadder. My friend said it is the best the gaming mouse he has ever had. He has small hands like you too. Even for a person like me who has big I love the deathadder. I got too try it because of my friend.

Too bad I don't has the money to buy one. Oh will my second favorite mouse is the Logitech MX518. But I think that is a little too wide for you. But then again if you like the G5 or G9 then you might like it. It is kinda the predecessor to the G5 mouse. They both have the same design.