Adobe CS4 Photoshop

Kovoet

Has anyone tried this as I still use the old CS2 versoin and still enjoy it. But I see the CS4 has more added plugins and wonder if there are a lot more advantages.

Dont forget GPU acceleration in CS4

Did you honestly notice a difference? I tried turning it on/off and I don't see much of an improvement either way

I'm thinking that huge images will be helped a lot by GPU acceleration. I do not expect it to make much difference on anything smaller than full HD. Just my idea - I speak not from experience.

I'm thinking about camera shots larger than HD... HD's actually pretty small lol.

This is true, GPU acceleration makes a noticeable difference for me when working with 8MP RAW and 16bit/channel images, and large format printing (e.g. 1m wide/tall @ 300dpi = 139.5 MP)

There is a measurable improvement of multi-core performance, as well as 64-bit processing AND 64-bit Photoshop makes use of large amounts of RAM

If you have a powerful computer, a 64-bit version of Windows, and work with high resolution images, it makes sense to upgrade from CS2 to CS4.