What IS this? ?

What is this temp?

Its showing Temps of around 90 degrees. :O I dont know what temp1 is in SpeedFan or what TMPIN1 is in Overdrive.

anybody know?

Northbridge and Southbridge are cool to the touch.

Core Temps look good.

Im not sure what else it could be

Not even sure honestly, i stopped dealing with SpeedFan long ago. Maybe it's the motherboard temperate? Though there's no way it would be hitting 90C, lol.

No matter what it is, I'm voting for a wrong temperature reading.

Not even sure honestly, i stopped dealing with SpeedFan long ago. Maybe it's the motherboard temperate? Though there's no way it would be hitting 90C, lol.

No matter what it is, I'm voting for a wrong temperature reading.

yeah im not a fan of speedfan, just used it to see if it was just AOD or not .

I agree im pretty sure its just a malfunction, but i want to know for sure. Because if something really is 90 degrees then something could explode pretty soon :D

Possibly the MOSFETs feeding the processor

ill givem a quick touch.

Not too hot, i can hold my finger on them for a while. Doesnt feel 90 degrees hot.

EDIT: just a little side note. What program should i use to monitor temp. for an AMD cpu? i ask because a few programs are intel specific

Edited by ShallowBay

Not too hot, i can hold my finger on them for a while. Doesnt feel 90 degrees hot.

EDIT: just a little side note. What program should i use to monitor temp. for an AMD cpu? i ask because a few programs are intel specific

Probably just a bad reading then. Doesn't CoreTemp work for AMD?

ill givem a quick touch.

HWMonitor and Core Temp are both fine choices.

man i am new to all this so you'll have to excuse my "ignorance", but from my experience so far speedfan and coretemp BOTH show the same temperatures for my AMD 550 BE...... the only thing i didn't like about coretemp is i couldn't figure out a) how to get it to start on it's own when windows boots, and b) couldn't figure out how to get coretemp to show a graph (log) of temperatures in the last say 15 mins.....so you can game and when you exit at least be able to see what temps you are hitting.....

However, with coretemp i could just display it on my G15 keyboard......BUT it just took over everything and made it so that was the only display.....since i also use fraps and a few other apps.....it sucked that i could only see coretemp

just me ONE cent versus everyoneelses two

couldn't figure out how to get coretemp to show a graph (log) of temperatures in the last say 15 mins.....so you can game and when you exit at least be able to see what temps you are hitting.....

CoreTemp can log temperatures, although it won't draw a neat graph for you

Unless its an old Abit KN9 series 570 sli chipset with a PWM that can reach 120C without hurting itself BADLY.... then something be wrong. there are few motherboards and Proccessor that can actualy live Above 80C