Thermaltake Element G

So, I always thought that antec 1200 would be the perfect case for my build. Howewer, Last night I saw a video on the Element G case. What are your opinions about it?

If I were you, the Coolermaster CM690 is the way to go! Or, if you can find it in the US (in case you live there), the Xigmatek Midgard is the exact same as a CM690, only with better fans, black insides (*drool*) and a smaller pricetag... but so far I've only seen it in German shops :)

Meh, looks pretty boring to me. Even at that claimed price-point of $150ish I still think it's in over its head competition wise. There's nothing all that spectacular about it. There's plenty of cases I'd surely get in that price range before I even looked at this thing.

Thermaltake is always very hit or miss. Either it's just great, or a waste of time. I love my Armor and I always liked the Tsunami too. I have one of their SViking cases from way back that's great too. But this one? They can keep it.

Oh, and 60mm fans? Yeah, that'll sound great!

Guest ajmatson

I have to partially agree with Verran. While I think it has a lot of potential especially with the 2.5" hard drive mounts and other little features it does not warrant that much of a price tag. $100 - $150 maybe but $270 not :)

Im a really big fan of Thermaltake. I own the armor its a full size case not to heavy. comes with a quick release system that i just love its so easy to work with your drives. also cooling is a plus. but for sound it gets kinda loud but thats ok with me. click

I just watched the 3D gameman review, I must admit its kind of ugly just sitting on the table, but its sure does have a hell of a lot of little design features that would make building in it amazing. hole in the mobo tray where rear mounting hardware is placed, so you dont have to removed the mobo every time you play with your heatsinks, built in tie down solutions for cable management lots of holes for cable management sectioned design with the PSU sectioned off from the rest of the case, HDD bay outward facing and the list just keeps going on.

I honestly would probably buy this case if it had a window or at least a bigger mesh area on the side panel that wasn't completely covered by a fan.

On first looks the case is not that impressive but after that review I have to admit I'm taken back a little bit haha.