what kill my RAM?

hi all..

my last OC attempt cost me my RAM, OCZ reaper DDR2 1066, suddenly fail at 3.29ghz(q8200) 480mhz, 1800mhz, voltage 2.2v. Dual channel, 2 sticks, the other stick is still usable. I already install cooling fan for the RAM, makes me wonder what kill the RAM.

tkrow meant did you lower the RAM speeds with the FSB speed increase. I believe the 1800MHz you said in your post is the current ram speed. Maybe the ram just doesn't want to work that high. Try lowering your ram speed. If you think your ram is dead, go back to stock settings temporarily and see if it works again. If not, it really is dead.

How do you know that your OC killed your ram? Isn't it possible it could have just failed naturally or that something else may have been the case? It looks like you were running it under the rated clock speeds and within normal voltage ranges, so I don't see why you believe the overclock caused this.

People are often way too quick to jump to conclusions like this. OCing is usually not the direct cause for problems like this if you're careful.

How do you know that your OC killed your ram? Isn't it possible it could have just failed naturally or that something else may have been the case? It looks like you were running it under the rated clock speeds and within normal voltage ranges, so I don't see why you believe the overclock caused this.

People are often way too quick to jump to conclusions like this. OCing is usually not the direct cause for problems like this if you're careful.

Thats just what i was thinking,and on another note,if you 'dont know what people mean' you should do a bit of research and read some tutorials.People who know what they are doing cannot fix your problem,we can only give pointers or possible causes.Read the tuts,and if you 'dont know what they mean',read them again,and again.Then put your new knowledge into practice.Im not being rude,just saying.