Should Windows make a OS thats non 32/64bit?

KK_

Should windows make one OS thats just allows more than 4gb ram?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. should windows just make one OS instead of 32/64bits?

• Yes
    • No

i would like a new OS to be made were they just make it run perfectly , has no driver issues , runs perfectly from 1gb-16gb ram .

im alloud to dream :P

what do you guys think?

I'm confused as to what the actual question is. The poll asks if MS would combine 32 and 64 bit into a single package. However, your post's asking why car companies don't make the perfect car for everyone (in the sense that everyone's wants were the same).

:unsure:

To answer your question Microsoft makes 32-bit versions of operating systems for compatibility reasons. You'll get your wish someday as 32-bit operating systems are slowly fading into the past as compatibility and support for 64-bit programs and operating systems goes up and the need for 4+ gigs of ram.

The perfect OS doesn't (and won't) exist! Even Apple's OSX which is locked to just a few Apple-controlled hardware configurations crashes and has security holes.

Anyways, I think we blame the OS for too much. It's not Apple's, Microsoft's or Sun's fault if third parties can't code drivers and applications properly

ah well , none of you seemed to get what i was geting at . nevermind :P

but yes i was trying to start a tread about talks of the "Ultimate" OS ,

the idea i had just scrambling around inside of my head was a perfect OS of which companys could make drivers that would be synergetic with it.

im aware this will NEVER happen.

was just trying to see what you guys would say about this idea

if you dont understand my random dribble , i probly wouldnt bother trying to understand xD

[edit]- i know i screwed up the orignal post :D , il just blame it on no sleep

Edited by KK_

ah well , none of you seemed to get what i was geting at . nevermind :P

but yes i was trying to start a tread about talks of the "Ultimate" OS ,

Vista Ultimate :thumbs-up:

All joking aside, its like a car. There is no perfect car. Just find the one that works for you!

:lol:

Edited by RHKCommander959

processor architecture dictates 32-bit or 64-bit

4GB addressing is because of 32-bits

my netbook *has* to run 32-bit because of the Atom CPU

64-bit app/OS needs to run on 64-bit CPU

I don't have any driver issues for the respective 32-bit or 64-bit versions of the SAME edition of Windows (e.g. Vista Business, Server 2008, Vista Enterprise, 7)

I think the origenal question was an OS that was not based around the 32bit or 64bit standard which is kind of funny to ask. Im honestly not sure they can make a 128bit OS yet, and if your thinking of a 16bit well just look further into the past for that one. And to address the origenal question again, theres a reason OSs and software in general run in either 8, 16, 32, or 64 bits and thats becuase of the way computers a designed. You cannot have a system with for instance an 81bit processor because that would require 3 possible stages for a "switch" to be in, either on, off, or something else but thats a whole new set of ideas :D.

You cannot have a system with for instance an 81bit processor because that would require 3 possible stages for a "switch" to be in, either on, off, or something else but thats a whole new set of ideas :D.

Quantum computing! On, off and no one knows if the cat is alive or dead.