AMD phenom II 940 motherboard

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but, why can't it have onboard? you can just turn the onboard off if you're not using it.. :withstupid:

oh my bad I am kinda new to the graphics part of computers so would this be an alright build?! ...

LG 22X DVD

Edited by connor776

Sure I am willing to do so but is there a black edition with an unlocked multiplier?

And why are both of you running the 940 x4?

I bought the 940 release day. In retrospect, stupid move, I could have waited for the 720 or 955 and spent less for a more reasonably priced CPU, but whatever, there's a thrill about getting a brand new, top end component :P

If you had, say $800 or so, the 940 would be a reasonable processor to fit in the budget. But at $577 it's difficult to fit everything in. I barely managed to build a dual core system last summer with $620 budget.

ok so, you are wanting to game correct? Because I don't think that video card is going to cut it at the resolutions you are talking about. Unless you are happy with lowered settings. Games are MUCH more dependent on your GPU than they are on your CPU, so you would be much better off with a cheaper CPU than a cheaper GPU, unless you're not planning on gaming. In the case I missed it somewhere, could you please post what you are planning on doing with this computer? and how picky you are about graphics settings in games.

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

ok so, you are wanting to game correct? Because I don't think that video card is going to cut it at the resolutions you are talking about. Unless you are happy with lowered settings. Games are MUCH more dependent on your GPU than they are on your CPU, so you would be much better off with a cheaper CPU than a cheaper GPU, unless you're not planning on gaming. In the case I missed it somewhere, could you please post what you are planning on doing with this computer? and how picky you are about graphics settings in games.

Okay if you can find a better gpu for 60 $ orcheaper that would work better in your eyes then please do tell!

I'm not saying your choice is bad. I'm just trying to tell you, that in the case this is a gaming PC, it is unbalenced. IF this is for gaming, and you WANT to game on the 1080p screen you said you have WITH GOOD settings, then you need to cut back on some other parts and get a BETTER gpu. IF you are not gaming, then by all means this is one nasty web browsing/movie watching/moderate gaming machine. I'm just trying to work with what info you've given me, not trying to be condescending.

I'm not saying your choice is bad. I'm just trying to tell you, that in the case this is a gaming PC, it is unbalenced. IF this is for gaming, and you WANT to game on the 1080p screen you said you have WITH GOOD settings, then you need to cut back on some other parts and get a BETTER gpu. IF you are not gaming, then by all means this is one nasty web browsing/movie watching/moderate gaming machine. I'm just trying to work with what info you've given me, not trying to be condescending.

I understand this but I would like both gaming and also movie watching (blurays in the future) if there is a better way to distribute this power and still stay in the 560-565$ range (with shipping) then by all means please let me know if what I am doing is stupid.

well, i already did here but if you don't like what I have, tell me what modifications you would like to see and I'll try my best to make them happen. and what you put up wasn't stupid, it would have been fine for what i listed. I'm just trying to help you get the best system you can for the budget you have and for the reasons you want it.