AMD phenom II 940 motherboard

Get imgburn to burn the .iso file it is easy and it works great.

Could you post the monitor res?

I think 1440x920 but I will also use it on a 60" plasma tv and a 20" Hd TV.

If you guys (the smith and major Gamer) come up with a good build I would like to use the phenom II x4 940 black edition.

Edited by connor776

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be willing to go with the Phenom II X3 720? It's a superior performance per dollar CPU over the 940, in my opinion. It would make fitting your needs into a $577 budget much easier.

Would you be willing to go with the Phenom II X3 720? It's a superior performance per dollar CPU over the 940, in my opinion. It would make fitting your needs into a $577 budget much easier.

+1

As it sounds like you will be doing mostly gaming and average tasks a Tricore would be much more suited to your system. Very few games make use of the full potential of quad cores to date and the tri core is waaay cheaper. You can use the savings on a better gpu for that 60" Plasma ;)

+1

As it sounds like you will be doing mostly gaming and average tasks a Tricore would be much more suited to your system. Very few games make use of the full potential of quad cores to date and the tri core is waaay cheaper. You can use the savings on a better gpu for that 60" Plasma ;)

Sure I am willing to do so but is there a black edition with an unlocked multiplier?

And why are both of you running the 940 x4?

Edited by connor776

You could maybe...but you'd have to sacrifice somewhere else...most likely on the vid card. If you can't save up longer to get the 940 i'd get the 720 so you can still get a decent vid card.

You could maybe...but you'd have to sacrifice somewhere else...most likely on the vid card. If you can't save up longer to get the 940 i'd get the 720 so you can still get a decent vid card.

well I also Have a 30$ gift card to best buy so I could buy my Memory with that If that would help?