came up with this for you:

cpu 102.00

ram 47.99

motherboard 79.99

video card 146.99

hard drive 69.99

case 49.99

power supply 69.99

it was a little difficult to fit a really good gaming machine into a $577 budget...

depending on where you live and what the shipping costs come out to be (shouldn't be more than $10, most is free shipping, including the case, at the moment) it should be just under $577.

didn't include a dvd drive though, perhaps you have one laying around or in another pc that can be used for awhile...

or maybe trade somebody that best buy gift card for one or something.

that's a good, solid build...

but only could fit a dual core cpu into the mix for you, it's a phenom ll though and came out only not too long ago (3.1 Ghz out of the box is smoking for a black edition cpu!).

that motherboard is capable of am3 though and should work with the new phenom ll quad cores as well as the (940) deneb mentioned earlier and is a fairly simple upgrade...

so keep that in mind.

be sure you get some thermal paste for the cpu (should be less than $10, but couldn't fit it into the budget... try arctic cooling mx-2 if you want something good)...

and please don't try and overclock with that stock heatsink/fan, pick up a good cpu cooler if you can at some later date (should be able to clock that dual core up to something very, very respectable such as 3.7 Ghz... and yes, a dual core and that 4870 video card should be fantastic for gaming and what you seem to want to do with this machine, it should perform flat out fantastic even on a 60" plasma screen 1080p at very respectable settings on whatever game you may want to throw at it for quite awhile (and on a smaller screen, performance should be way better).

post any comments you may have and if anybody else can help him/her out with better deals or options please do...

if you choose to go this route have fun with it, it didn't come out bad at all!

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to do much gaming maybe like orangebox or crysis on lower res but not much the main thing is blu ray and internet.

Also Does anyone know of a board am3 board that supports SLI?

Edited by connor776

are you wanting to go with nvidia instead of ati graphics card?

sli= nvidia

crossfire= ati

going to assume you mean crossfire...

the board in the build above supports crossfire (pci-e x16 slots are the slots for current graphics cards).

found this combo deal for you by the way on the cpu and motherboard listed above.

even if you don't like that build, that motherboard is still probably the one you should use for whatever you may end up with...

it works for am3 as well as am2+ and am2 cpu's.

so if you mean crossfire, above, that board should answer your question...

it's an am3 board that supports crossfire (dual ati graphics cards).

did you wanna go ahead and try to go for the phenom ll 940 and drop down to the hd 4650 video card?

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

Alright I will jump in now. I have the phenom 720 BE. Mine unlocks to 4 cores and will run 3.5hgz on stock volts! Thats higher then a stock phenomII 955. running at 3.5, In most every application/games I cannot tell what so ever if its running 3 or 4 cores. You would think it would make a difference, I swear I have to check CPUz or something just to see if its 3 or 4. I have ran multiple test/ benchmarks and such. With 4 cores you get better scores benchmarks but in real apps its a joke. I have only been running 3 cores for testing last week. I have left it there cause i actually think 3 cores with the higher l3 cache per core does better in gaming Even in GTA4 all maxed out! I always keep my cpu overclocked although on low volts

Alright I will jump in now. I have the phenom 720 BE. Mine unlocks to 4 cores and will run 3.5hgz on stock volts! Thats higher then a stock phenomII 955.

You forgot that Phenom II 940's/955's are overclockable as well.... -_-

I can get 3.6 no problem on stock voltage on my 940 at stock FSB. If I turn that up a little, I can get around 3.7.

Now we're talkin! :) That is a very well balanced machine. You should have no problems running most of your games close to maximum settings minus a few levels of AA on that 60"! I like all of those parts but make sure 320GB is good enough for ya. Once you start downloading stuff fills up faster than you think ;). You could always pick up some 800MHz RAM instead of 1066, save a few bucks and get a 500GB. The difference in real world applications from 800 to 1066 is zilch. But if not then buy away :)

You could always pick up some 800MHz RAM instead of 1066, save a few bucks and get a 500GB. The difference in real world applications from 800 to 1066 is zilch. But if not then buy away :)

Okay I tried that and now I have a 640gb hard drive! better!

Edited by connor776

You forgot that Phenom II 940's/955's are overclockable as well.... -_-

I can get 3.6 no problem on stock voltage on my 940 at stock FSB. If I turn that up a little, I can get around 3.7.

sure, yea, I totally forgot the 940's/955's are overclockable. I dont under stand how that has any statement has any use here. Sure if he paid much much more for a cpu that the 720 can match overclocked then he could overclock that cpu probably higher. But then you could keep going with that logic and all the way up to $1000 CPUs. I just am not sure where your were going with your statement???? Do you actually think your educating someone? Uhmmmmm........

Of course if you have money to blow go with what you can afford. Just for your information, in my sig is a 720 unlocked that has all 4 cores running that is at 3.7ghz at a mere 1.3875 volts, not even being pushed.

Did you forget the 720 only cost $139?

Can you understand that the 720 is a good choice for a bargain. Of course if you buy a more expensive CPU you are guaranteed higher performance but sometimes you can pay less and it suit your needs perfectly well. In my case I think I might have actually got a good deal, you know, maybe. I mean if its alright with you.

but then again I guess since you put it this way: "You forgot that Phenom II 940's/955's are overclockable as well...." .....I dont know!