TF2 Sniper vs. Spy Update

ClayMeow

I play a lot of 2fort, so, having a pyro around for spy checks and keeping pesky soldiers, demomen and scouts off the battlements has its uses ;)

The flaming arrows is just a fun side-effect :)

As I said earlier, Pyro is my best class. When I play it, I don't want to just sit around and do spycheck duty. If I'm running thru the area, sure, I'm going to puff a few flames to check all is good, but I'm not going to sit there...if I wanted to sit there on D in 2-fort, I'd be a Sniper myself, or even an engie. From my standpoint, the Pyro is an offensive juggernaut. It pisses me off when people play the pyro timidly. RUSH the enemy...who cares if you die if you take 3-4 guys with you every time?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, if I want to play offense, I play spy. Maybe the servers I play on just have too many engineers? Pyros don't stand a chance against multiple SGs.

Yesterday, I nailed 3 SGs, 2 dispensers, a teleporter exit, a medic and an engineer ALL guarding the intel with a solo spy. I had to whip out the revolver to finish off the medic and engineer, and then ran off with the intel.

My pyro tactics generally change a whole lot depending on the opposing teams tactics. If they're playing extremely defensively...and have 3 or 4 spies pestering my teammates / engineers, I'll spy check everything. If I'm, say, playing dustbowl, I'll rush rush rush and do as much damage as possible. That type of play is a lot more fun.

I'm actually getting tired of 2fort. Despite it being my favorite map, too many people are just screwing around with sniper and spies (I've seen teams with half of the players being one or the other - 4 of each, usually). I'd rather have a balanced team that kicks butt :P

Edited by Crazy_Nate

My pyro tactics generally change a whole lot depending on the opposing teams tactics. If they're playing extremely defensively...and have 3 or 4 spies pestering my teammates / engineers, I'll spy check everything. If I'm, say, playing dustbowl, I'll rush rush rush and do as much damage as possible. That type of play is a lot more fun.
Oh, I didn't mean I never spy check. Depending on the situation, I'll definitely run around hopping from dispenser to dispenser protecting my guys. Even then, though, every now and then, if I feel a lull in the offensive push of the other team, I'll charge forward for some "fun" :lol:

I'm actually getting tired of 2fort. Despite it being my favorite map, too many people are just screwing around with sniper and spies (I've seen teams with half of the players being one or the other - 4 of each, usually). I'd rather have a balanced team that kicks butt :P
Yeah, I agree. That's my issue with 2Fort as well. I used to enjoy it, but REALLY depends on the makeup of the team. If all it turns into is a sniper duel, and nobody's trying to grab the intel, what the hell is the point? Might as well play an arena match. That's partially why I think Dustbowl is my favorite map. Not only does the map force you to have some balance on your team, no matter what side you play, each side also plays differently, as do the different layouts (if the offensive team advances).

I think they introduced the new system to get rid of "farming" achievements. So now it is a bit more legit for some players. But for the real heroes, who got the achievements through hard work, well they just get screwed over :*(

Actually, they put in the new system because people were having a difficult time with achievements and because they wanted noobs on the free weekend to get unlockables and like the game even more, which would push them to buy it along with the price drop.

I play a lot of 2fort, so, having a pyro around for spy checks and keeping pesky soldiers, demomen and scouts off the battlements has its uses ;)

The flaming arrows is just a fun side-effect :)

Ya the other night i was playing pyro up on the battlemnents constantly doing spy checks and lighting up arrows. Kind of fun every now and then.

FYI, in case you guys haven't seen the latest mini-update. One of the changes they just made yesterday is that The Ambassador now does full crits on headshots, not just mini-crits. Definitely much better. Now if they can just stop arrows from 1-shotting full-HP heavies :lol:

FYI, in case you guys haven't seen the latest mini-update. One of the changes they just made yesterday is that The Ambassador now does full crits on headshots, not just mini-crits. Definitely much better. Now if they can just stop arrows from 1-shotting full-HP heavies :lol:

Can't wait to try it out!! :)

Anybody been having trouble with stats recently?

Compare

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheJuggernaet/stats/TF2

with

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/nat...08de0463c4c.png

My 16-kill owning spree with a pyro didn't make it :(

I emailed them about this, and they said its a known issue they are working on. Also said to watch the steam update page for when it gets fixed. My 55 point engie life made my stats :D

Edited by CheeseMan42

Haven't had time to play it much. What's the status on those camping servers. Do they actually work? So I can use them while I'm in class or studying.

I don't know...but I played during lunch today (on a regular server...one I play on a lot), and there was this guy in there that was getting unlocks left and right....two at a time like every 3 minutes. I and others questioned him and figured he must be hacking, but of course he didn't say a word. It was very odd. And I'm not talking about mere weapon locks...helmet/head unlocks as well, which are supposed to be even rarer.