Mobo died. got 100 bucks to buy heatsink and mobo

My motherboard died on me:(

but i got 100$ to buy a heatsink and mobo because i had to snap my heatsinks bracket to get to the cpu.

so im wondering what pair to get?

a good mobo and crappy cooling?

a good heatsink and a low feature mobo?

i would like some input

I have never built an AMD system, so I don't know many good brands for AMD boards.

Gigabyte is really good, I have 3 of their intel motherboards. DFI isn't bad either.

I have never built an AMD system, so I don't know many good brands for AMD boards.

Gigabyte is really good, I have 3 of their intel motherboards. DFI isn't bad either.

if thats the case how can you advise the OP not to get the ECS recommended....?

I mean seriously man you of all people should know better than this....you cannot knock a product until you yourself have tried it...

While ECS may not be a top company they do make some decent products...just like every company they do have some bottom line (crap) products and then they have their better line of products....

I have used ECS and they have been pretty good and for the feature-less product they are pretty good....which is what the OP asked for...it's low feature but nice none the less and the price fits the budget....

Not to be jumping on you l33t but geeze man...at least dont knock a product when you havent built on the platform...Please...:)

if thats the case how can you advise the OP not to get the ECS recommended....?

I mean seriously man you of all people should know better than this....you cannot knock a product until you yourself have tried it...

While ECS may not be a top company they do make some decent products...just like every company they do have some bottom line (crap) products and then they have their better line of products....

I have used ECS and they have been pretty good and for the feature-less product they are pretty good....which is what the OP asked for...it's low feature but nice none the less and the price fits the budget....

Not to be jumping on you l33t but geeze man...at least dont knock a product when you havent built on the platform...Please...:)

You don't need to have built a platform with the product to know if its good or bad.

I haven't used ECS, but I haven't used asus either. I know asus is great and ECS will not overclock at all. Gigabyte will cost almost the same as the ECS board, but gigabyte will overclock. I haven't used any gigabyte AMD boards, but I know that they are good.

Ok man you got me but you're not right on this....

you dont have personal experience per say only what you have read...so lets see if I say something is good you'll repeat it reguardless of making your own informed decision....?

this is NOT what givening adice is all about my friend....if you are going to stand behind your advice you need to have first hand experience or say this is good from what I have read...big difference here...

ECS is ok but it's not a great clocker but still the OP asked for a "Low Features" board and this is what their lower line is...no different than any board from any company....

Asus has their crap vanilla boards as well...it all depends on what line you get and what you pay for...this is you todays free schooling lesson....soak it up...;)

I'm not going to argue everything you said in your post, only this.

Even if OP asked for a low options board, why not give him a better board for the same price with more options from a different company? Gigabyte makes some very cheap boards with plenty of options.