AMD Phenom II X4 955 cooling and overclocking

i am in need of a good cpu cooler for a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W

CPU i need a good Air cooler that i can overclock alot with

message me back asap

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the mounting for socket AM2/AM2+/AM3 are all the same

You are right Zertz. I use my Cooler Master V8 on on all my AMD setups. The mounting system is the same, so when it says AM2, it also means AM2+ and AM3.

Good luck :)

Dude please stop making all of these threads, you already have a thread about your Phenom II 955 system, keep all your questions in there

while I agree, i think you are just jealous of him getting a 955 :P.

Guest ajmatson

Seriously though make one thread please. It helps us keep track of your issues and questions to better serve you. I get a headache trying to weed through threads to to find out what someone needs by piecing together their information. :)

Fixed. :P

Personally, I would get a Sunbeam Core Contact and call it a day. It's a great price and will still keep your chip cool enough to overclock nicely. Air cooling itself will be your limiting factor on the retail 955 chips and you will not see a large enough difference when using a Sunbeam vs. a TRUE to warrant the double sticker price.

btw i have a cuple of different pc's im building over time as better parts come out i upgrade to better parts im gona have a i7 a core 2 quad and a phenom II X4 when im done it may tame me a long time but i will stick to 1 tread ea dose that help u guys with me makeing multiple threads?? and also im building at different times

also if u guys wana give me some tips on the phenom II x4 opc building so this 1 dies can u post on this thread the one about the entire pc

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...12#entry1673503

Edited by ComputerKid