Yate Loon 1650 RPM 120mm fans

Nasha

So, I'm going to be getting an NZXT Zero 2 case and I was wondering if these Yate Loons are good for both intake and exhaust?

http://www.xoxide.com/yate-loon-mediumspeed-120.html

I wasn't sure if this should go in the case category or the cooling so if I put it in the wrong one I apologize in advance.

I'm not sure if they are good or bad for intake. Yates are pretty good, and I think they are good for intake and exhaust.

Ultra kazes are great intake fans, but they are a little bit thicker and cost a bit more. Take a look at those, but beware: they are loud.

Personally I don't see any problem using the Yate Loons all round unless you particularly wanted to maintain positive or negative pressure by varying airflow (which you can do with a fan controller anyway).

Unless you are just going to be using the front intake and not the side panel positions, in which case a fan with higher airflow might be an idea to compensate for the two at the back.

As for the Rheobus, it should be more than sufficient. :)

Ideally I want a positive airflow inside the case, and I plan to completely fill out the four intake in the side, the 1 intake in the front, 2 exhaust in the rear, 80mm exhaust in the top

I think I will go with Jammin's idea, it keeps things simple with only having to purchase one brand of fan.

Ideally I want a positive airflow inside the case, and I plan to completely fill out the four intake in the side, the 1 intake in the front, 2 exhaust in the rear, 80mm exhaust in the top

I think I will go with Jammin's idea, it keeps things simple with only having to purchase one brand of fan.

Smart choice...you can't really go wrong with Yate's.

Buy why positive pressure? It makes your case more prone to dead spots.

Well, i figure if air is trying to come out of any and all orifices in my case I won't have to worry about dust as much, then once you consider 5 intake vs 3 exhaust it's kinda inevitable unless im using either really low CFM intake or really high CFM (and loud) exhaust. With the controller though I can tweak with it and end up finding out what works best.

Why would a fan be good at intake but not at exhaust, or vice versa? That doesn't make any sense to me. Either it moves enough air or it doesn't, right?

As for the Yate Loons, I think they're great. I have a bunch of them and I think they're the only reasonably priced fan on the market right now.