Nvidia's new card lineup

Seriously? 2 years is a REALLY long time in the computer industry. So much can and WILL change in that time. Although I don't doubt that they will shrink the manufacturing process, but just calm down for now. It doesn't matter how many transistors, what type of memory, die size, whatever you want. The speeds of the core and memory and the number of threads is what matters.

The speeds of the core and memory and the number of threads is what matters.

And even that doesn't mean much really, as is evidenced by looking at comparable cards from ATI and nVidia and their core/memory clocks. There's not necessarily any correlation there either. You can't even say with complete certainty that "higher clocks are better". P4 vs. A64/C2D proved that.

So really, none of these figures really means much of anything until it becomes a finished, testable product.

I'll shorten one of my favorite stories for an example: When they started advertising the PS3 early on, they said it did 1.8 TeraFlops. A coworker was oohing and aahing over it and came to me. Upon questioning, it became readily apparent that he had no clue what a TeraFlop was nor whether or not 1.8 of them was faster or slower than any of the computers or cellphones around him. All in all, it was just a pretty number that he could repeat in the pretense that it had some meaning to him. :lol:

They have taken off the 4XX series from the page now, but added more about the 3XX series. Thats really worth a look. I think it might have 4 GPU's

It means absolutely dick until the cards are released. "They" are just people like you and me speculating and grabbing tidbits of info from nVidia and editing a Wiki page. If I weren't busy right now I'd go ahead and wipe the whole thing out. :P

Edited by Waco

It means absolutely dick until the cards are released. "They" are just people like you and me speculating and grabbing tidbits of info from nVidia and editing a Wiki page. If I weren't busy right now I'd go ahead and wipe the whole thing out. :P

DO IT! :thumbs-up: I'll follow up, should they try to recover their propaganda back onto the page

I just had a look on wikipedia and i saw the new GTX 4XX expected release date and specs. It sould be out Q1 2011 with a 32nm core, run on PCI-E x32 v3.0 and have GDDR6, If thats true then its gonna be a beast!!! and the new GTX 3XX will be based on a 40nm fabrication process wich some may know but i didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...orce_300_Series

a fart in a spacesuit...