Need a cooler for Overclocking Q9300 and 1 overclocking question.

WReXSTi

Actually, the only difference is the Dark Knight S1283V comes with a LGA1366 bolt-through kit and the Dark Knight S1283 doesnt, thats why the S1283 is outdated and newegg doesnt have any stock.

Also do not trust frostytech review, they are synthetic tests. And I personally take the Dark Knight over the Sunbeam since it is essentially the same thing, but the Dark Knight mounts easier and better and is on average 2C cooler

I would like to know which one is better, The noctua, The XigmaTEK, or the Cooler Master V8? Is the XigmaTEK better than the others if I add another fan?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with the Xigmatek, but the second fan is really unnecessary since it will only lower temps 1-3C. If you can afford it I would go with the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with one fan of your choice, and then lap it (google lapping a heatsink)

Personally, I would get the Dark Knight. Cheaper, and equal, if not better, performance.

Ok. I have a question. I was overclocking to get a feel of overclocking and I decided to start on the stock cooler. I increased my FSB from 1333 to 1340 and I set the voltages to maunal and to the current voltages. I then tried booting up and I posted but I didn't get into the operating system. I need help. Any suggestions?

Edited by WReXSTi

Ok. I have a question. I was overclocking to get a feel of overclocking and I decided to start on the stock cooler. I increased my FSB from 1333 to 1340 and I set the voltages to maunal and to the current voltages. I then tried booting up and I posted but I didn't get into the operating system. I need help. Any suggestions?

Any help to this? Also, I will then the V8 but what about the Vigor Monsoon III LT?

Also, do all Thermalright ultra need Lapping?

Like this one... Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 Extreme

Also is this Watercooling kit any good?

XIGMATEK AIO-S80DP All-in-one liquid cooling system - Retail

Edited by WReXSTi