Radiators?

airman

I think this would be a great idea...they cool really well and you can find them for cheap!

Is this possible though...*stokes goatee*

i would buy one for a computer :P... because who knows how the car one will work.. car radiators are poorly manufactured!! thats why they leek.. well. in older cars :D , but go to www.frozencpu.com and get a good radiator

It's not a radiator you are using, it's usually a heater core (smaller radiator). I think its th 1988 chevette that is the best computer size rad. or at least the most common. I would look back a bit I think the subtitle on exeters thread is my water project, ghetto rocks! (I can't believe I remember that)... Ah well, just FYI they are used in comp cooling and work very well.

Wow.. I'm famous!

yes a heater core works great! the DTek Pro core is just a heater core as well...

the Chevette Core is the most common as it will fit in most any case. You just neet to modify it with the appropriate size barbs

The Dtek has just already had the 1/2 barbs attached.

I used a Ford light truck core. Works great, but it wouldn't fit in my case.. so I built an external set up :D

But I did have to cut a small area out of the side panel so it would fit....

Heater core costs about $20..

I think Wanksta used one too

Wow.. I'm famous!

yes a heater core works great! the DTek Pro core is just a heater core as well...

the Chevette Core is the most common as it will fit in most any case. You just neet to modify it with the appropriate size barbs

The Dtek has just already had the 1/2 barbs attached.

I used a Ford light truck core. Works great, but it wouldn't fit in my case.. so I built an external set up :D

But I did have to cut a small area out of the side panel so it would fit....

Heater core costs about $20..

I think Wanksta used one too

Thats what I used also a Chevette heater core, brand new @ autozone for $15.00 heres a link to the one I am useingand and the setup, I also had to put mine in another case.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=16390

I just went to my local auto shop and went through this book that had all available sizes and configs. Finally I found one that was 240mm(L)x160mm(H) and had one 3/4" barb and a 1/2" barb. I used the 3/4" from the pump to the heater core to maximize flow. As for mounting it, currently I have it mounted ontop of the case which works very nicely but with drawbacks on visual appeal. Here's pics: (*the extra PSU is for powering the 6 fans and 226watt pelt)

673148P9070018.JPG

673150P9070020.JPG

This setup increased the noise level from the computer instead of decreasing, so I am looking to buy two 120mm Vantec Stealth fans. Looking at that every day, I finally decided to change the setup. I am now in touch with a worker at a steel fabricator in Indiana (not far from me) who is going to help me build a custom case. I plan to have it about 18" cubed with one half dedicated to the cooling components and the other for the mobo and accs. It will have two PSUs (both new), 8 total 120mm fans (4 or 5 LED), window, blowholes, and hopefully case lighting. If you want to see my current sketches PM me. Will post pics when done.