AMD X4 940, 3 Gforce 9800GTX+ in 3 Way SLI OCed WOW

I started off with 2 9800 GTX+ cards in SLI OCed @ 791 Mhz GPU Video mem @ 1,178 Mhz and shacer clock @ 1913. My 3D mark Vantage score was around 15,000.

When I added the 3rd card I was able to OC to the specs that are shown in GPUz attachment and my score went to 20,219

I am running my AMD 940 X4 II @ 3.9 Ghz and 1.475 volts

I was only expecting around a 2,000 point increase but I got over a 5,000 point increase.

For those of you that think that SLI or CrossFire is not worth the time or money think again.

There was such an increase that I was shocked by what I saw, not only was I able to OC my cards way further then I expected in 3 way SLI my Vantage score went up 3,000 points more then I hoped for.

I hope this helps any one that is thinking of going SLI or CrossFire.

All of this on air cooling

post-66423-1237666278_thumb.png

Edited by STRAITPEAK

3D marks means nothing anymore, because its all based on cpu clocks. in a real world app/game the 3rd card is only boosting you 5fps at most. for a good example if you want even higher score use the 3rd card as physx card and the scores will boost another 5,000.

also what brand is your 9800+? those are some nice shader clocks :) (edit: its asus, i should learn to read).

Edited by hornybluecow

3D marks means nothing anymore, because its all based on cpu clocks. in a real world app/game the 3rd card is only boosting you 5fps at most. for a good example if you want even higher score use the 3rd card as physx card and the scores will boost another 5,000.

Do you mean run 2 of the cards in SLI and dedicate 1 card to physz?

ya 2 SLI'd and one physx would be optimal, sythetic benchmarking tools like 3d mark and stuff don't matter. See what diffrence that makes in a real game. And why not get one good videocard after the selling of atleast two of the 9800gtx+'s?

ya 2 SLI'd and one physx would be optimal, sythetic benchmarking tools like 3d mark and stuff don't matter. See what diffrence that makes in a real game. And why not get one good videocard after the selling of atleast two of the 9800gtx+'s?

Ya I would like 2 get 2 295s but that is just a pipe dream. I started off with 2 9800GTX+s before Nvidia lunched the 200 series cards and now the 250 is a better card for less$. I can only try to keep up in the ever changing world of computers.

Im runing 3D vantage with 2 waySLI 1 0ne cards set to Physx.

So far it lookslike the 3 way is way ahead! Yes it just completed And the score is 15,918.

Can anyone recomend a benchmark that will test the true capabilitys of my system?

Other than the 3D Mark and PC mark seiries I cant think of anything that is as well rounded.

I know its cool and all having a higher score each time, but is it worth it?

I mean is there ANYTHING you use your computer for that it dosent do perfectly well with 2 or even just one GFX card??

I have been trying to bully myself into a new card (GTX260) but actually, the only think that would increase is the noise and my 3D scores.

Sure games FPS would go up, but every game I currently play, I play maxed out anyway.

Other than the 3D Mark and PC mark seiries I cant think of anything that is as well rounded.

I know its cool and all having a higher score each time, but is it worth it?

I mean is there ANYTHING you use your computer for that it dosent do perfectly well with 2 or even just one GFX card??

I have been trying to bully myself into a new card (GTX260) but actually, the only think that would increase is the noise and my 3D sc

Sure games FPS would go up, but every game I currently play, I play maxed out anyway.

Why run 3 cards? Well lets see Hmmm Oya MORE POWER :lol:

Ya I would like 2 get 2 295s but that is just a pipe dream. I started off with 2 9800GTX+s before Nvidia lunched the 200 series cards and now the 250 is a better card for less$. I can only try to keep up in the ever changing world of computers.

the 250 is the same card as the 9800gtx+.....sell all three 9800s and get two 260s

Edited by IVIYTH0S