Damn, Black Edition CPUs are awesome!

Waco

I would bet that the majority of them are actually damaged in some way.

Actually, no, not really. Originally all tri-cores were crippled quads, but due to the high demand for the 720s, I suspect AMD has been disabling working cores on some of the good chips. As far as I'm concerned, a hacked fourth core that can survive 24+ hour torture tests is just as good as a 600-1000mhz overclock that can survive the same.

Yay parts are here!!!

I'm more than pleased with this build. I fired up Crysis to see how quick it was and it ran perfectly with everything on High at 1280x720 and 4xFSAA. I don't think I'll have any trouble gaming on this beast. :lol:

waco you'r havin way too much fun over there...glad it's all workin out for ya an lookin forward to shots of the finished product...

out of curiosity will the silverstone case fit something like a true 120 cooler...??

waco you'r havin way too much fun over there...glad it's all workin out for ya an lookin forward to shots of the finished product...

out of curiosity will the silverstone case fit something like a true 120 cooler...??

Hmm...I'm not sure. It's not an overly tall case. I am pretty sure my Tuniq Tower wouldn't fit and the TRUE is about the same size right?

Good lord! Did you order anything that didn't have "black" in the model name? Yup, a "Fatal1ty" PSU. :P Those marketing guys sure saw you coming :lol:

:lol: Well, the PSU was on sale. Normally I wouldn't touch anything with that stupid name on it but this was too good of a deal. The Fatal1ty version was cheaper than the regular 400 watt OCZ. :)