Crysis...

PaiN

I finished Sacred2, I'm taking a break until the PhysX patch is out for another play through as an Inquisitor and waiting on DCS: Black Shark in two weeks. So, with nothing to play and time to kill I decided to dust off Crysis..I played once when it was first released.....I want to say I had a C2D 6600/8800GTX set up(not 100% sure) at the time. I remember, being frustrated at the constant low FPS and the logy battles, I had to use "medium" and no AA and it was still slow....the final battle on the aircraft carrier was like a side show. :(

Fast forward to running Crysis on the PC I have today with the v1.2 patch.....I can't believe how slick the game runs now, High settings, 1920x1200, 2xAA Its completely smooth(not to mention stunning). My eye can not detect a slow down anywhere, I can now appreciate what a cool shooter Crysis is. I'm looking forward to this second play through.

i'm still on a 7900gs. i'm supposed to be receiving an 8800gt via a cs:s sponsorship, but its been a month so i'm no longer holding my breath.

my e4300 @ 290x9 isn't helping anything either, but i should be getting a conductive pen from my old job at ati. my old boss is supposed to be dropping it of tomorrow. he was supposed to drop it off last weekend. i want my bsel mod NOW! lol. although my crappy g31 m7 te isn't going to give me much, but i'd be happy with 3ghz. especially if i can volt mod the vdimm beyond 1.8v and get tighter timings. 483mhz at 5-5-5-15 1.8v isn't bad i suppose, but 4-4-4-12 would be nicer.

Pain did you use the big monitor you have now? Or a smaller one?

Because I play Crysis on High with no AA @ 1440x900 with my HD2900PRO, with lag only happening when I zoom in with the sniper scope :(

Pain did you use the big monitor you have now? Or a smaller one?

Because I play Crysis on High with no AA @ 1440x900 with my HD2900PRO, with lag only happening when I zoom in with the sniper scope :(

I had 22" Dell at 1650x1080.....when Crysis ran like doggie.

ya know??? ...I was thinking about this. Crysis came out in Nov of 2007......I'm now not sure if I had an AMD64\7900GTX setup or the C2D\8800GTX at the time :unsure:

no matter I guess, the game plays a hell of a lot better now...to say the least

I think farcry2 did a lot better using the crytek engine. It seems to me that crysis was made... inefficiently? As in a lot of graphics but putting an unneccesary load on the hardware. That being said, it is a fun game and of course it is fun to use as a benchmark whore.