Finally OC'd my Q6600

crash

So I finally OC'd my Q6600 GO. I'm using the P5Q Premium I bought off AJ and 8GB of OCZ ram, (2 x 8000 and 2 x 8500.)

I got pretty impressive results so far:

417mHz FSB for a 57% OC, Freq. 3753 mHz with a TRUE 120 and temps @ <65C prime stable. Vcore (CPU-Z,) 1.334v

I was up to 3853mHz earlier but temps crept up to almost 70C so I backed off a bit

Ram is running @ 1000.8 mHz

Here's a screenshot

post-7818-1236320370_thumb.jpg

So I finally OC'd my Q6600 GO. I'm using the P5Q Premium I bought off AJ and 8GB of OCZ ram, (2 x 8000 and 2 x 8500.)

I got pretty impressive results so far:

417mHz FSB for a 57% OC, Freq. 3753 mHz with a TRUE 120 and temps @

I was up to 3853mHz earlier but temps crept up to almost 70C so I backed off a bit

Ram is running @ 1000.8 mHz

Here's a screenshot

yep...not to shabby at all...i haven't been able to get my q6600 to hold at 3.6 for more than about 5 minutes so ahoooya...!! good job crash...!! :thumbs-up:

thats a really good o/c. i have only managed to get mine to 3.5 so far with 4.75v in CPU-Z. also the GO chips can tolerate up to 71 degrees. and thats from intel so i dont mind to much about temps. mine reaches about 75 when running prime 95 small ftt's.

Edited by lankeyluke

Thanks guys! This P5Q premium seems to be a wicked board, I remember fooling around a bit with my P5N32-e SLI and I only got around 15% out of it. Glad I went with an Intel chipset this time ;-)

I should throw in my E6750 and see where that will go.....

Edited by crash

So I went a little further and I'm in the process of benching at 3960mHz w/ 1.425v....On air... with cheap ram.

Runs Vista fine. Went through 3dVantage no probs but...

hmm, need better cooling getting too hot running P95 and crashed

I shoudl have bought queens WC setup! Anyone have a full WC kit for sale?

crash

mine won't go past 3.2ghz without 1.5v, your lucky.

Me too. I was very disappointed with my Q6600's OCing. It's nice to see yours performs much better.

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you buy your G0? I've been working on the theory that the newer ones aren't as good as the early ones.

Me too. I was very disappointed with my Q6600's OCing. It's nice to see yours performs much better.

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you buy your G0? I've been working on the theory that the newer ones aren't as good as the early ones.

I bought it from someone off OCC I think about a year ago. I'm so impressed with this CPU I may even wait for the next gen's rather than buy an I7.....

But I need water I think