ARMA II

GlimmerMan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I need to redownload it :( Keep getting this error when I try to run: "the program can't start because X3DAudio1_6.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Reinstalled it a couple of times but still get the error :(.

Looks like I need to redownload it :( Keep getting this error when I try to run: "the program can't start because X3DAudio1_6.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Reinstalled it a couple of times but still get the error :( .

Same for me... not promising :lol: . At least EA's stuff installs correctly and crashes on the first launch. This one can't even install right. :rolleyes:

Redownloading the demo through Steam to see if this one works. What is it with people not being able to release a working game anymore? First Empire Total War, then AA3, and now Arma II. Argh.

Let me know which is better :)

Let me know which is better :)

:lol: The Steam version won't launch either. it doesn't give me the .dll error, it just gives me a crash report as soon as I click the .exe.

Oh well, I wasn't that psyched about it anyway. I figured I'd give it a chance.

Hey Lo, I found a fix for the demo..

http://www.gamingsa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79351

Seems DirectX wasn't getting installed.

Edit: Wow, this game looks incredibly bad.

Buggy, no option to turn Vsync off (aka slow mouse movement; at least in Dead Space you could turn it off), and has so many things wrong with it. THAT'S JUST THE DEMO!

Edited by tkrow21

Good find. The DirectX update did the fix.

I don't consider myself an idiot, but this game seems overly... complex... or should I call it unrefined? So far I'm not impressed. I'll wait for an update.