e8500 OC pls help me get it stable

Marne_Aeok

E8500 proc

790i Ultra sli board

Patriot Viper DDR3 2000mhz memory (stock at 9-9-9-24)

heres my settings. Unlinked.

FSB (QDR) 2000mhz

Memory 2000mhz 8-8-8-21

CPU Core 1.45000v ( 1.408v in CPU-Z )

CPU FSB 1.40v

Memory 2.000v

Nforce SPP 1.45v

Nforce MCP 1.650v

GTLVREF Lane 0 auto

GTLVREF Lane 1 +05mv

GTLVREF Lane 2 auto

GTLVREF Lane 3 auto

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy CRAP. yea uhm i just took one look at it and my brain broke. i was in the army for 5 years dealing with all there communications equipment and none of that crap was anywhere near as technical looking lol. i saw a pic of what seems to be an o-scope graph thingy. i HATE those things lol. im just gonna bump up the gtl s till it gets stable or blows up. :)

Edited by Marne_Aeok

im trying to stay at 4.5ghz but also have a higher FSB than 1900. i dont care about OCing my memory too much i just want to run at least at its friggin stock settings. if i can get it OCed than great more happy dance required. but if i cant its alright.

edit:

my voltages are 1.408 at idle and 1.368 at load (Orthos Small FFTs) - i have it set to 1.45v in bios - im thinking maybe all it needs is a bit of the gtlvref to get it stable. it runs orthos for about 5 min and than one of the cores will fail

Edited by Marne_Aeok

if you got to 4.5 on a nvidia chipset then i'd say you're doing REALLY good and u should be happy with that overclock and that mobo will prob never have a fsb high enough to take full advantage of that ddr3 memory, which is why ddr3 really only shines on i7 boards because the i7 has no nb so the fsb speeds are extremely high......the mobo u have really is only necessary if you're planning on going tri-sli, even if u just wanted to run another 260 u could've got a 750i mobo and it would've done that fine

geez matt, we get it, you don't like nvidia boards. how about we try to help now?

Marne, how about bumping that FSB voltage a little, I know mine takes 1.4v just to get stable at an FSB of 1689 (running x9 @3.8GHz) i'm not sure of what the generally accepted max value of that is, mainly because every board is different, but I think it should be fine to bump it up to 1.5v. It should help getting your OC stable.