Thermalright 120a very odd question

ays

Hello @ all

I bought today, for the first time, ultra 120a my first ever attempt to find suitable sub for the cooler master and since I opened it and took it out of the box I found something rather odd, at least for me that is...

I've noticed, it wasnt really hard to be honest, that heatpipes are slightly bent in one direction and the whole cooler is bent to... actually, that its sitting in an angle.

Now... is that just me... or that aint good thing?

Here are the pics to explain it a bit better, if I wasn't clear enough and maybe I wasn't.... :/

pic1 and pic2

Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciate. :)

Edited by ays

I got it at the same place where I bought most of the stuff I already have... from mobo, cpu to case.

Cooler was the last part I needed and I had second thoughts about V8 thinking that its weight might give me even more problems...

I can return it, but since I already waited 7 days for this one... Im pretty sure there wont be another 120A to replace with.

Thanks for quick replies.

edit:

pipes are bent, while the bottom of the heatsink is smooth and flat as its supposed to be...

Edited by ays

edit:

pipes are bent, while the bottom of the heatsink is smooth and flat as its supposed to be...

yeah, but still, it may hit something on the motherboard and not allow it to lay all the way across the cpu surface.

I guess you could try and put it on, but for the sake of looks and possible performance I think sending it back would be your best bet.

yeah, but still, it may hit something on the motherboard and not allow it to lay all the way across the cpu surface.

I guess you could try and put it on, but for the sake of looks and possible performance I think sending it back would be your best bet.

No, no, no mate... I aint even considering to try it on... now, after you guys wrote that its NOT normal.

I aint that crazy... got q9550 to cool... and that thing was expensive... cooler aint.

Thanks for the replies. Thread can be closed. ;)

No, no, no mate... I aint even considering to try it on... now, after you guys wrote that its NOT normal.

I aint that crazy... got q9550 to cool... and that thing was expensive... cooler aint.

Thanks for the replies. Thread can be closed. ;)

but you could say you have the custom edition, one of a kind haha

but you could say you have the custom edition, one of a kind haha

Alright, since you like it so much and already labeled it as "custom/special" edition... I'll be willing to sell it to ya for 100