Gtx 260 Ftw Vs Gtx 280

i currently have 2 9800 gtx+ in sli i hate them they look like crap and there out dated so i want a new pair and i was thinking of either a pair of gtx 260 FTW or a pair of gtx 280 stock

deos anyone have any experience with either of these cards in SLI

keep in mind i play alot of high end games like Oblivion Flight sim X, farcry 2 and i play crysis ALOT

thanks for your time

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i currently have 2 9800 gtx+ in sli i hate them they look like crap and there out dated so i want a new pair and i was thinking of either a pair of gtx 260 FTW or a pair of gtx 280 stock

deos anyone have any experience with either of these cards in SLI

keep in mind i play alot of high end games like Oblivion Flight sim X, farcry 2 and i play crysis ALOT

thanks for your time

do you need to sli?

if i want proformance i do

and

is the 9800 gx2 really as bad as everyone says

all i hear is microshutting from everyone

for nvidia to gain more money then they deserve.... i mean.... what resolution do you play games at?

and again would the two gtx 260 FTW be faster than 2 gtx 280

and are the 285 really worth the money

Why would you think two 260s would be faster than two 280s? Anyway do yourself a favor, if you want top SLI performance get a 295. less power consumtion, less heat, less space and less latency than dual cards

edit:

oh crap...they seem to be sold out everywhere :X

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;srchInDesc=

Edited by PaiN

but a 295 would be a waste, save yourself 200 dollars and get the 4850x2 (one of them) and just run that. hell even one 260 at 1920x1200 would run everything maxed out (mine does)

Not crysis, and he said he plays it ALOT. Reading what he posts would be a good idea ;)