New Visualdreamers.com Build

pc4life888

I just recently got my new visualdreamers.com build. I wanted to see what you guys thought about the performance of it.

The computer i had built has...

Core i7 920 (overclocked to 4.0)

p6t deluxe

1000 watt corsair psu

6 gb of g.skill 1600 ram DDR3

4850x2 (had to call them and ask them to put this in, they dont offer this card on their site)

high performance heatsink and fans

300gb velociraptor

I ran 3dmark06 and scored 23,681.

2.0 - 9305

3.0 - 10821

Cpu - 7014

In 3dmark vantage I scored P14680.

Gpu-12961

Cpu-24385

Let me know what you guys think.

Why did you pay someone to do it for you? Doesn't that take all the fun out of it......

I agree, its kind of silly to ask that here. Seems more like an ad for that website. I hope those 3Dmark numbers are good ones. Would hate to see some OCer spend less and out do what you bought.

Im just tired of having to build pcs and troubleshoot all the issues that come along with it. To have that piece of mind, it was worth it.

I was just curious to see how these scores stacked up with similar systems.

Edited by pc4life888

Im just tired of having to build pcs and troubleshoot all the issues that come along with it. To have that piece of mind, it was worth it.

I was just curious to see how these scores stacked up with similar systems.

I have to agree here...building systems comes with all it's own problems, that's why I won't build systems for other people. I tell everyone to just buy a pre-built, at least that way you have some tech support if something goes wrong. It's one thing if you know computers and can troubleshoot the issues as/if they arise, but that can be very time consuming and more aggravating that it's necessarily worth, especially if it isn't your own computer.

Unfortunatly I'm not sure if those are good scores or not, but we do have some topics dedicated to those benchmarks. Here you can look there and see if you find a similar system.

Oh and...

Welcom to OCC!

I just recently got my new visualdreamers.com build. I wanted to see what you guys thought about the performance of it.

The computer i had built has...

1000 watt corsair psu

4850x2 (had to call them and ask them to put this in, they dont offer this card on their site)

high performance heatsink and fans

300gb velociraptor

A:I'm assuming you do a lot of CPU intensive work to want an i7 right? Otherwise it'd be more worthwhile to build a Core 2 Quad or Phenom II system

B:You don't need a 1000watt powersupply....get a 600-750W at most

C:what resolution do you play at, do you really NEED a 4850x2?

D:What exactly do they mean by high performance heatsink and fans (find this out)

E:VelociRaptors are not worth the money, just get a 640gb+ 7200rpm drive and it will nearly equal the performance for cheaper and you'll have more storage space

A:I'm assuming you do a lot of CPU intensive work to want an i7 right? Otherwise it'd be more worthwhile to build a Core 2 Quad or Phenom II system

B:You don't need a 1000watt powersupply....get a 600-750W at most

C:what resolution do you play at, do you really NEED a 4850x2?

D:What exactly do they mean by high performance heatsink and fans (find this out)

E:VelociRaptors are not worth the money, just get a 640gb+ 7200rpm drive and it will nearly equal the performance for cheaper and you'll have more storage space

Looks to me like you're trying a little too hard to pick this build apart. Do you have to do "CPU intensive" work to buy an i7? And talking about whether he "needs" a 4850x2? Really? You can get that card for $260 on newegg. That's FAR from overkill, even if you can only use 1600x1200.

The PSU is overkill, the "high performance" descriptor is a little shady and the raptor drive is debatable, but the CPU and VGU are not that bad at all.

I think if the OP had posted this as a "look what I just built" and not a "look what I just bought", you probably wouldn't have any problems with the CPU and VGU.

I used to be a fan of buying pre-built systems online but I'm slowly moving toward building it myself. It's cheaper and it gives experience that could earn you some extra cash in the future. :unsure: I'd also rather build myself than have some guy at a factory putting it together and not doing things right because he doesn't care, then I get the computer two weeks later with loads of problems that could have been avoided. So now I have to ship it back and wait another two weeks for a problem I could have fixed in two hours by myself if I was computer saavy.

Building yourself is time and cost effecient. :thumbs-up:

Edited by Computation

lol when I installed my q6600 I left that stock TIM on. I was curious to see how it would do compared to AS5. But I got lazy and never bothered to remount the HSF with AS5. :sleep:

I'll be back under water in a day or two though.

Looks to me like you're trying a little too hard to pick this build apart. Do you have to do "CPU intensive" work to buy an i7? And talking about whether he "needs" a 4850x2? Really? You can get that card for $260 on newegg. That's FAR from overkill, even if you can only use 1600x1200.

The PSU is overkill, the "high performance" descriptor is a little shady and the raptor drive is debatable, but the CPU and VGU are not that bad at all.

I think if the OP had posted this as a "look what I just built" and not a "look what I just bought", you probably wouldn't have any problems with the CPU and VGU.

ya but for the good 2GB 4850x2 it's $310 (and why get the 1GB model if you are going to get one, even if the improvement isn't that drastic) <----which I guess goes against me going against the card in the first place :blink:

anyway I just want to make sure he will be constantly using the i7's only edge over a 775 or Phenom II build or else why spend the money.

A 4870 1GB or core 216 260 would be a better decision in the 1680x1050 --> 1920x1200 range.

You can probably even squeak by with a 4850 at 80% of the games out there running 1680x1050 resolution.

Even if he was looking to build it himself, I always make sure people will make good use of the i7's capabilities because a gaming computer is a waste of an i7.