Waco

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmmm... Jackpot? :)

that is actually the neatest cabinet wiring I've ever seen :lol:

:withstupid:

It's been a long time since I had a server room job but from what I remember, none of the racks in any server room at Pharmacia were that clean. That's awesome.

The room temp is cold. :lol: I don't know the exact temp but coats are nearly a necessity.

Yup, they're cold and LOUD. Just the sound of big AC unit fans running full and case fans humming all over :)

Wow. I am a walking case of Murphy's Law. Not only have we run into power problems (whomever wired the room before us was a madman...how do you mess up a 500 amp circuit?) but we had multiple hardware failures today during benchmarking as well. :(

I know my school (RIT) doesn't allow folding on the school computers. We've got some beastly computers.

i know! i was trying to do that when i visited my friend at RIT hahaa

alot of school computers have the fresh install mirrored and locked so when you reboot it goes back to it.

The teaching cluster is done, I should have time tomorrow to get folding on it:

DSC00250%20[1024x768].JPG

DSC00255%20[1024x768].JPG

And yes, before anyone says anything, I know the racks are different and I know that my trunk wiring is sloppy as hell (the yellow wires bridging the two switches). :lol:

This first one will probably be pretty disappointing. :P

It's not all that fast in terms of today's computers (let alone GPUs) and it's not 64 bit capable...so no SMP client. The next few clusters will be the big point-mongers but they are a ways out, Nick and I have to balance school, research time, and building these things. As much as I'd like to get all of them online ASAP it just won't happen all that quickly. :blush:

EDIT: My offhand calculations place it at anywhere from 9k to 25k depending on the workunit. I have the feeling the quads might do a * smidgen* better. :D

You can still run Windows SMP on 32-bit... It gets about 1400 PPD on my 2.8 GHz X9000 Core 2 Extreme dual core in my laptop on Vista Ultimat 32-bit. And just forget school, lol. And while you're at it, put off your research, it won't delay your Ph.D. or anything.

Windows on a cluster? :lol:

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Windows HPC Server 2008 is something we're going to toy around with on one of the newer clusters though. :)