Hmmm...should I Fold On Them?

Waco

All answers point to yes! My friend (and fellow grad student) just inherited all this fun stuff to play with!

dacron1.JPG

dacron2.JPG

toy1.JPG

toy2.JPG

toy3.JPG

Build in progress:

teaching1.JPG

The wire management crap I learned from all these years of building computers finally paid off:

teaching2.JPG

My partner in crime (fellow admin):

crime.JPG

Sooo...SMP client on every single one of them? It might make for a few PPD. :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is actually the neatest cabinet wiring I've ever seen :lol:

fold for great justice!

:foldon:

It's impossible to tell from the pictures but each node is in order on the switch as well. :lol: Port 1 = node 1, 2 = 2, etc. It makes troubleshooting nice and easy.

I don't know what I want to run on them in the idle time just yet but Folding is certainly at the top of the list. :D Someone with a few 8/9 series nVidia cards could probably outfold most of the room though. :lol:

As far as I know, it can run on more than 4 cores :)
I thought it was limited to 4 processes? Some of the nodes have dual quads and I was thinking I'd have to run two instances (or forget about utilizing all cores, assigning affinity is a pain IIRC).

Very cool. Any idea exactly what is in them? I am guessing this is a school or something?

Most of them are dual or quad cores. One of them is entirely dual quads, the teaching cluster is going to be a massive number of dual PIIIs. :lol:

And yeah, it's at Clemson. This is all of the "old" high performance computing stuff. The newer cluster is Palmetto which I'm glad I'm not in control of. :lol: