Amd Phenom Ii Overclocked To 6.5ghz

Rokkaholik

B:) Interesting

AMD Phenom II Overclocked To 6.5GHz

"During CES a group of overclocker's with access to liquid nitrogen and liquid helium for the extra boost of coldness cools an AMD Phenom II X4 chip to -232 degrees Celsius. Once they got the chip cooled to this frigid temperature, they pushed the clock speed all the way up to 6.5GHz, which is a world record for a quad core CPU and they dished out and astonishing 45,474 3DMark05 score!"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very nice change for AMD. Phenom II's love the cold. If you can keep a chip cool, you can push it a long ways. It's when they start getting warm that they get unstable.

I'd like to see an Intel on liquid Helium :ph34r:

dude with liquid helium ANYTHING would overclock nicely so dont get this started again and who are you calling a fanboy when your rig has an intel cpu??? The only reason why I like Intel so much more then AMD is because all AMD has done is let me down in the past and intel's are alot stronger and can take alot more abuse.

Then why wasn't it used on Intel's before? Oh wait, right they have this problem where they turn off when it gets too cold?

And the only reason I went Intel is because it was cheaper and better. But still, I just hate it when everyone always says that Amd sucks because they can't be overclocked.

That was my point.

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

Then why wasn't it used on Intel's before? Oh wait, right they have this problem where they turn off when it gets too hot?

And the only reason I went Intel is because it was cheaper and better. But still, I just hate it when everyone always says that Amd sucks because they can't be overclocked.

That was my point.

Anyone who says AMD can't overclock hasn't used the s939 Opterons. I can't speak for any of the chips since then, but my Optys were beasts in their time.

AND too add to it if you check the highes OC in the world right now is still an old a** Pentium 4 and i've even seen a celeron hit over 6Ghz so get down off your high horse. the reason they had to use Liquid Helium too is because L2N wasn't enough. it needed to be colder. watch and learn.........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XosLKUJEE

I agree with Cheeseman about the opty's they were nice cpu's i only had one for a short while so i didn't get to play with it much

AND too add to it if you check the highes OC in the world right now is still an old a** Pentium 4 and i've even seen a celeron hit over 6Ghz so get down off your high horse. the reason they had to use Liquid Helium too is because L2N wasn't enough. it needed to be colder. watch and learn.........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XosLKUJEE

I agree with Cheeseman about the opty's they were nice cpu's i only had one for a short while so i didn't get to play with it much

I was talking between Core 2 quad and Phenom II.

And isn't it obvious that Single cores overclock much better. Dual cores overclock better than quads too. You can't compare them to each other <_<

Edited by Darkfuneral1337