Best Air Cooler Ever

Onion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, in my case, the psu it on the bottom. so i could build my case in its side then just zip tie the copper true to the roof and then put the computer vertical. i dought ill ever have to worry about it again after that. what im getting at mainly is that i have a bill to spend on a sink, and i dont think ill really make use of the water's head room and dont really feel like spending the money (even though water cooling makes me feel special). max preformance wize for up to 150 bucks, not worried about noise, size, or anything like that. i just want to get the most for the money. what whould you say i should get on a q9550?

I really like Frostytech as they use synthetic loads and theoretically everything is tested with the same exact loads and every review can be compared (hence the chart), however I see a lot of conflicting data (such as a cooler performing worse than expected on a few websites using RW hardware compared to where the FT data puts it in regards to other coolers) from sites using real hardware for testing...

well i just bought the copper true and i think i'll be happy with it even though it costs almost twice as much its still about 1/3 the cost of good water cooling and I'm sure it will give me enough head room to make a 4ghz overclock on my q9550 and solid challenge. also keep my planned 3.33-3.4 24/7 oc cooled to an acceptable level. i have a questions though, how many of you think its safe to maintain a 4ish oc in a 45nm quad like mine? and how likely will i be able to get there with a evga 750i ftw with only a stronger fan on the NB and arctic silver 5? if this is not enough, what is a good way to cool my board because the stock n/s bridge is connected together and the s/b it covered by the GPU

well i just bought the copper true and i think i'll be happy with it even though it costs almost twice as much its still about 1/3 the cost of good water cooling and I'm sure it will give me enough head room to make a 4ghz overclock on my q9550 and solid challenge. also keep my planned 3.33-3.4 24/7 oc cooled to an acceptable level. i have a questions though, how many of you think its safe to maintain a 4ish oc in a 45nm quad like mine? and how likely will i be able to get there with a evga 750i ftw with only a stronger fan on the NB and arctic silver 5? if this is not enough, what is a good way to cool my board because the stock n/s bridge is connected together and the s/b it covered by the GPU

I'm not too knowledgable on nvidia chipsets but you see me running my Q9450 at 3.9ghz and I can actually turn my fans off if I'm not folding or gaming. I'll stay around 45C, then if I have to game or fold I turn the fans on the lowest setting and the hottest it gets is 57C. You should be fine :D, plus with air coolers as good as they are these days it's almost not worth it to get a water cooling setup.

By the way, since my TRUE has been proven to handle 3.9ghz just dandy, can I have your unproven TRUE copper because it may not be able to do as good....:lol:

The OC you can maintain doesn't depend on the speed. It depends on the voltage required to maintain that speed. I'm running my Q9450 @ 3.6 GHz 24/7. I'm not sure that it's Prime95 stable, but it works fine for everyday. I'm still tweaking it to get the most out of it. I think I need to work on the NB some. Anyways, I'd say you could easily maintain a 3.75+ GHz OC within temperature ranges. I'm not sure that the NVidia chipsets are as good at OCing as Intel, but give it a go and I'm sure you'll be happy.

Actually the Cooler Master V10 will handle a higher thermal load than 200W. You'll have to wait for the official word to find out the exact number. The price will be over $100 and don't ask me the exact price because I'm still under a non disclosure agreement for the one I beta tested.

Actually the Cooler Master V10 will handle a higher thermal load than 200W. You'll have to wait for the official word to find out the exact number. The price will be over $100 and don't ask me the exact price because I'm still under a non disclosure agreement for the one I beta tested.

yeah but the V10 and V12 are a little ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as a Scythe Orochi