Best Air Cooler Ever

Onion

it's also built to be able to directly water cooled as well, it has a water block already on top of the northbridge. I love this board, I'm glad I went the extra mile for it, it also made me love Gigabyte boards now too. Up until this board it was all Asus.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but the Orochi is just so hilariously big, i think it has to make an encore appearance.

Now that's a heatsink :lol:

You can't call it high end unless you can beat someone to death with it. Why do you think there is a handle on the Ultra 120?

Anyone have one of these?

Image_00.jpg

Now that's a heatsink :lol:

You can't call it high end unless you can beat someone to death with it. Why do you think there is a handle on the Ultra 120?

Anyone have one of these?

Image_00.jpg

they'll make a brass edition of it with finger holes before you know it...

I love my Xigmatek HDT-S1283 to death. Extremely quiet, the Xigmatek fan IIRC moves 100CFM (+/-), and according to Frostytech goes toe to toe with the TRUE. I can attest to it being a very very efficient cooler, as I run my E8400 at 4.05GHz 24/7 and as far as temps go, I have room to go higher. Normally in real world apps I never break 60 degrees C using it. Also, I paid $30-something for it, so the price is definitely right. The heatsink itself isnt so big that it interferes with anything else, which is great since I have Corsair Dominator RAM with those tall spikey heatspreaders, and am considering getting an aftermarket NB cooler. For the most part, the Xigma stays within the confines of the Intel stock cooler as far as space-it-takes-up goes.

The con to it is the fan takes some nimble fingers to mount to the HS since the rubber dealies it uses have slits to fit over individual fins on the HS. Its not so bad if you're just holding the HS, but the catch is that the heatsink must be installed to the board BEFORE the fan goes on. It comes with the pushpin style mounting system like the Intel stock, but I spent an extra $5 and got the mounting bracket that goes behind the mobo, so in the end I was able to mount the fan without trouble since I already had my mobo sitting on my desk.. I imagine though that anyone getting the pushpin style to avoid removing the mobo will have a.. fun.. time getting it on. Thats the ONLY con though.

Just got my sunbeam rheobus fan controller, and on top of Xoxide having the fastest shipping I've had in a while this fan controller works great!. I turned down my Ultra Kazes much quieter and with little to no decrease in cooling performance. The only downside with this is now my GPU fan is louder than both my CPU fans, so i had to lower that from 100% to 70% and it cools good enough (both CPU/GPU run 65-67 full load)

+1 for Xoxide.

I have bought plenty of gadgets from them before and they are a good e-tailor. :thumbs-up:

you forgot the +1 for sunbeam, whom I always thought of as crap after buying one of their PSU's for a friend who wanted the cheapest 550W I could find at the time. It hasn't failed or anything I just didn't trust it, I think it's still kicking though

the TRUE copper is sexy, I also learned that I can run my computer passive cooling and get away with it as long as I don't prime 95 lol. I can't imagine what I'd get away with if I had the Copper one. (Though I'd have to put my computer on it's side :(