Anyone Recommend These Fans?

gustie

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My school actually has the Thermaltake one in a computer that sits right beside me in Information Technology.

While the teacher was gone, I messed with it some. Shame on me, I know, lol. But to be honest, it was only hooked up to two fans. One of them wouldn't respond to the drop in speed and the other barely did. I didn't think it did any good. Plus, if you use different settings on the controller, three LEDs light up the display. On the one I saw, the colors tended to bleed together at the edges. So green mixed with red and blue if set at different speeds.

The front panel is also made of some kind of plastic, which has a gloss to it, but I thought it just looked outright cheap. You can try it if you want for that price, but I’d pick up something with a little more time invested into it during design and manufacturing.

Edited by Ediseye

sunbeam rheobus is better than the thermaltake, but I do own the thermaltake and it is working fine. However I haven't put a fan in that couldn't be plugged into the motherboard based on amperage. I know my 220cfm 30w delta fan would blow it.

The thermaltake looks pretty cool too, but it cant handle as many fans as the sunbeam - on the sunbeam you can daisy-chain fans together onto the same channel. I would go for the sunbeam, unless you really want the R.G.B knobs...

I have used the scythe fans, they rock. I have read about silenx fans a bit, and they seem to die out quickly, and don't deliver what they claim - although I do not know this first hand.

Edited by RHKCommander959

but also have a horrible performance to sound ratio LOL

shame eh? i thought they looked a bit funky - not that they would end up in my case...

i have another question....

there is a fan mount on the side panel of my case, it has a pipe on the inside to feed air to the CPU fan i guess...

there is no fan on the case just the pipe...

would it be

A - best to leave as a passive air pipe to CPU fan

B - add a 80mm fan to blow air through the pipe to the CPU fan

C - add a 80mm fan to blow air OUT via the pipe away from CPU

D - DITCH the pipe and have airflow exiting only...

ta!