Major F@h Events

DLS2008

What stepping do you have? I'm assuming B3 as Intel's Thremal Specs are 62.2C for the Q6600 with B3 stepping. If you have the Q6600 with G0 stepping, you have nothing to worry about as Intel lists the Thermal Specs as 71C.

it's like this...if ya think i can be ok at 71c then i won't worry about it...!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how I miss the old days of Folding@Home... mainly because I was #1 on the team, and in the top 50 all time... but then, I also had 60 computers at my disposal. :D

Hopefully the upcoming contest will bring a lot of new members.... and as soon as I can figure out how to put together another system with some of the new stuff I have recently received, my PPD should be jumping up.

Well, I've been folding, and there is a new core 1.22 that has given me almost another 1000 ppd on my gpu2 client.

How to get the new core

1 close folding

2 deleat core_11.exe

3 start folding again

you need to be using the newest client to use the new core.

I finally got rid of that pesky UNSTABLE_MACHINE error so I am back to folding, I currently have my PC(specs in sig) and 2 PS3's in my arsenal for folding.

Anything specific you did? I need to get rid of it for myself. Did you just do what the above post by Savan said or something else?

the person I'm aiming for next is OCC_333 :lol:

I know I sure cant shake you off my tail. Probably will catch me now that my second rig bit the dirt. Trying to get it up and running again running SMP.

I know I sure cant shake you off my tail. Probably will catch me now that my second rig bit the dirt. Trying to get it up and running again running SMP.

Ah crap now i have to find another machine to run a client on so you i can still keep catching you! only ones i have at the minute is a AMD64 3200+, A semperon 2800+, a P3 1Ghz oh anyone know if i can run a 64 bit VMware client on a pentium dual core i think its something like 2.8Ghz :lol: ne idea of the ppd for the windows client?

oh and 333, have you noticed that your picture thingy isnt updating, cos mine isnt :S im at like 85th place now

Ah crap now i have to find another machine to run a client on so you i can still keep catching you! only ones i have at the minute is a AMD64 3200+, A semperon 2800+, a P3 1Ghz oh anyone know if i can run a 64 bit VMware client on a pentium dual core i think its something like 2.8Ghz :lol: ne idea of the ppd for the windows client?

oh and 333, have you noticed that your picture thingy isnt updating, cos mine isnt :S im at like 85th place now

As long as it has VT I think they called it it will run vmware, I have a pent D 920 2.8Ghz and it has it, the Pent D 915 2.8Ghz does not have it though...