Suggestions On Maint. On Wc Setup

cirro

i have a 3x120mm swiftech raditor sitting on top of my computer.

on the top and bottom i have 3 yate loons. n a space underneath for airflow.

lately the radiator has been getting VERY clogged (i physically removed a chunk that was stopping the fan)

theres ALOT of dust in here, and i finally noticed the ambient room temp reflected ALOT more on my setup.

ive used this voltage setup for ages now. and i use cpuid pretty much nonstop, so a small difference is noticable.

the real question is, how to i clean the radiator, is it literally just a can of air, because id like to clean it better but its in a compromised position with little movability.

and if i were to have a small layer for a filter, as used on some fans, would that cut the dust enough without eliminating the strength of the airflow through the radiator?

sorry if i sound retarded, i've been up for 2 days because of a sick 3 year old lol.

ty in advance.

For a quick cleaning a can of air should be good. When it comes time that you ever drain it and change out the fluid i'd take the radiator out and submerge it in the bathtub for an hour or so. Hold it on the ends and force the water through it in a back and forth motion too. Good way to get the dust out of the fins that even a thorough cleaning with a can of air can't get.

BRILLIANT!

I wish I could look at things so simply >.>

Like I would have never thought to use used dryer sheets as makeshift fan filters on my own lol....

*gets vacuum out of the laundry room* Here I come dustbunnies! :ph34r:

P.S.

Kuronin, go take a look at teh Folding stats page for the team, I'm catching up to you! *Prepares to pass you up* xD

ty already for some great ideas before i fell asleep. im OCD enough to want to submerge it, but i dont have any of the extra parts anymore.

im going to use the coffee filter idea, with 4 people here, a cat, and all the in and out its always dusty as much as i clean so i assum it would be done again and again.

its ironic i didnt think about this maint. part of a WC setup i always thougt like draining and such.

i used a vacuum a second ago, it got a good amount, but im going to have to take all theese damn fans off n air can it after another vac'.

Looks like you must have some cats or dogs, I just vacuumed mine a minute ago. I never let it get very bad when I see it starting to accumulate here comes the vacuum and about every 6 months I take the whole rig outside and crank up the air compressor and blow it out...

yep cats & ferrets. plus im a heavy smoker so id assum after a while the resin would collect making the dust even stickier, ::sigh:: i was hoping to not have it ever get that bad but pfft.

Don't smoke next to, or even in the same room as, your computer... I smoke in the kitchen when it's really cold, or outside... I can't believe you have OCD and your radiator is so caked in dust/fluff/ash/tar :lol: