Ubuntu 8.10 Install

xly15

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think it is redundant. To just be able to change permissions as root took me a day and half to find. It would be more of a quick reference.

Right, but you didn't need to change the permissions to do what you needed.

I don't think it is redundant. To just be able to change permissions as root took me a day and half to find. It would be more of a quick reference.

It really would be redundant though... the link posted by RR for samba sharing gives you all the info you need, and if you needed to find anything else out you could use google or ubuntuforums and find a relevant thread or online manual page within seconds, not days...

Maybe rethink your search terms in google :)

If you are talking about sharing a folder I just right click it go to properties then sharing, check share and then click create share works fine for me...

Yeah that is easy enough. He was talking about changing the permissions of the smb.conf file instead of just editing it as root.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi...i'm a new member in this forum.. i have a lot of problm with my OS ubuntu 8.10.. anyone, please tell me how to install ati graphics driver on Ubuntu 8.10... thanks before for all B:)

post-66701-1237600957_thumb.jpg

post-66701-1237601255_thumb.jpg