I7 Worth It?

current rig

Intel Q9550 @ 3.7 Ghz|8 GIGS ddr 2 1066 dominator z|ATI 4870 X2 in cross fire|Vista Ultimate x64|

Asus rampage Formula|2 3.0 MB Drives 500 gigs|XFI Xtreme music|Custom Water Cooling kit|Antec 1200 case|Ultra x3 1000 watts|

would not have to spend anything for gpus as i can use this gpu,will sell my current mobo and processor.thoughts?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

current rig

Intel Q9550 @ 3.7 Ghz|8 GIGS ddr 2 1066 dominator z|ATI 4870 X2 in cross fire|Vista Ultimate x64|

Asus rampage Formula|2 3.0 MB Drives 500 gigs|XFI Xtreme music|Custom Water Cooling kit|Antec 1200 case|Ultra x3 1000 watts|

would not have to spend anything for gpus as i can use this gpu,will sell my current mobo and processor.thoughts?

Yeah and what are you going to do for cooling. You will have to buy a new waterblock cause there currently is no Dtek FuZion LGA1366 mount out yet, and probably not for the next month or two. Swiftech has been the only one yet who released an LGA1366 mount out for their Apogee GTZ block.

I've got the GTZ with the 1366 mount and its very nice. Installation is very easy. I'm also waiting on the Fuzion mount though.

angle6-1.jpg

angle5.jpg

angle9-1.jpg

Edited by RA1D

Yeah and what are you going to do for cooling. You will have to buy a new waterblock cause there currently is no Dtek FuZion LGA1366 mount out yet, and probably not for the next month or two. Swiftech has been the only one yet who released an LGA1366 mount out for their Apogee GTZ block.

well thats no problem i can get a new block not expensive at all

well i have 1100 to do the upgrade,i already have everything else

so i was thinking rampage 2 extreme

corsair tri channel

and the 300 dollar i920

might switch the block to the swiftech or wait a few for the dtek v2