Stupid Firefox...

Andrewr05

+1 for FoxMarks addon... it's great... every time I set up a new rig or OS, I just add FoxMarks and put my user/pass on it, and it synchronises bookmarks on ALL my computers... AND the password logins!!!

You don't even have to export/import... it just synchronises :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So once again, it is not Stupid _______, but Stupid Andrew.
:P

Well...

Both times in order for me to use something that should "just work" I had to use a "hack" of sorts to regain the functionality that should have already been there...

Obviously I'm not the only who has encountered these problems either because both newegg and firefox had documented fixes for these occurrences...

:P

You could switch to Opera, which will automatically sync your bookmarks... or use the Google Toolbar and place all your bookmarks in Google's hands... plenty of ways to keep your "personal internet bookmarks" safe.

I just keep a backup of the entire FF "profile" folder that is in documents and settings> "user">application data> mozilla. That way I can just copy/paste the whole thing, settings, extensions, etc... if there is a problem or if I reformat.

+1 for FoxMarks addon... it's great... every time I set up a new rig or OS, I just add FoxMarks and put my user/pass on it, and it synchronizes bookmarks on ALL my computers... AND the password logins!!!

You don't even have to export/import... it just synchronizes :)

+ 1 again.

Seriously its one less thing to worry about.

Yeh i dont like fire fox either its saves what pages you were last on before you close it down. Then wen u open it up it shows the pages u were on. nearly got caught looking up uno :blush::) by my parents becuase of it

Edited by Xtreme Gamer