Anyone Overclocked An E6750?

Krieg1337

Every chip is different, no way to tell how high you can go. Just OC in small increments till the heat goes too high.

Every chip is different, no way to tell how high you can go. Just OC in small increments till the heat goes too high.

if it's the same exact chip that somebody has tested already, then you can expect similar results, but differing MBs and RAM will have an effect. but if your friend got it to 3.6 then you can expect somewhere around there, i'd say +/- .2GHz given that the motherboard and RAM are of similar quality.

if it's the same exact chip that somebody has tested already, then you can expect similar results, but differing MBs and RAM will have an effect. but if your friend got it to 3.6 then you can expect somewhere around there, i'd say +/- .2GHz given that the motherboard and RAM are of similar quality.

i will agree with that. ages ago when changing motherboards looking for better OCability, i only got another 110mhz in the end for all that hassle and $. it even included a change to water. the difference was mostly the memory controlling properties of the chipsets. one allowed a higher FSB and was more stable when out of spec. So your only gonna see something near what your friend got the chip up to. who knows you might have better skills at voltage settings and mem timings and might get a much better clock. then again, you might not, and your board might not work so well, and you might get less of a clock. but i'm sure alot of guys here can help with tips to optimize your oc. expect the chip to do what your friend did, thats the biggest influence. quality of its internals.

check this out. Tom's hardware (article) put one up to 4160mhz.

Edited by robAP

Yea he used the TeamXtreme that i bought from him

My E6750 hit 3.4GHz w/o any voltage changes with a 2x2GB 1066MHz memory hit from mushkin. Just upped the fsb to 425 and ran the requisite torture tests. Rock solid stable on my Abit IP35 Pro. Was running at 3.2GHz but was able to squeeze out the extra juice w/o any voltage increases, so why not. Under 100% load temps run in the lower to mid-50s (Celcius). This is all using a FZ120 cooler with its stock fan. But, as previously mentioned, each chip is different. I haven't bothered to push the chip any higher as 3.4GHz is a healthy OC, especially considering it's stock voltages on a 2.66GHz 65nm Conroe. :)

Check out the overclocking guides on the site if you're new to overclocking, however. They contain a great deal of wonderful information if you're new to the whole thing. Peace.