Overclocking - Cpu/gfx/ram

JackA

Hiya!

I've overclocked my E8500 to 3.8ghz, with the MSI P35 Neo motherboard, and Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. My FSB is set to 400mhz and the multiplier as 9. Voltages are set as 1.625v or something. Is there anything else I can do to try and get it stable at 4ghz?

Also, I'm using the XFX 8800GS 384mb, and I'd appreciate a simple guide to getting that decently overclocked.

I'd also appreciate any help with overclocking my memory - I'm using the GeiL, Black Dragon 800mhz stuff. I had a go but almost blew it up!!

As I say, any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Regards

Jack.

Hiya!

I've overclocked my E8500 to 3.8ghz, with the MSI P35 Neo motherboard, and Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. My FSB is set to 400mhz and the multiplier as 9. Voltages are set as 1.625v or something. Is there anything else I can do to try and get it stable at 4ghz?

Also, I'm using the XFX 8800GS 384mb, and I'd appreciate a simple guide to getting that decently overclocked.

I'd also appreciate any help with overclocking my memory - I'm using the GeiL, Black Dragon 800mhz stuff. I had a go but almost blew it up!!

As I say, any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Regards

Jack.

An E8500 definitely doesn't need that high of a vcore to reach 4GHZ. That is WAY too high. I doubt the reason why you can't reach 4GHZ lies with your CPU, rather with other components.

An E8500 definitely doesn't need that high of a vcore to reach 4GHZ. That is WAY too high. I doubt the reason why you can't reach 4GHZ lies with your CPU, rather with other components.

Hmm.. I've just ran into more problems. After I'd started Flight Sim it just crashed.

I tried 1.35v or something similar and it didn't work, just shut down when the XP login page appeared. What settings would you suggest?

Thanks,

Jack.

Bro you are degrading the hell out of your E8500 if you have been runing it at 1.6V this whole time.

The limit for at least a 24/7 stable overclock should be at about 1.38V - 1.4V should be the max.

I suggest you just turn off your computer and clear the CMOS.

Bro you are degrading the hell out of your E8500 if you have been runing it at 1.6V this whole time.

The limit for at least a 24/7 stable overclock should be at about 1.38V - 1.4V should be the max.

I suggest you just turn off your computer and clear the CMOS.

I only ran it on 1.6v for around 15 mins. I've got it back down to 3.5ghz now. What settings would you suggest to get it stable at around 4ghz?

Thanks,

Jack.

some chips can do 4ghz some cant get pass 20mhz if it cant do it then it just cant. 3.5ghz is not a bad occ at all. are you stress testing to see if your system is stable. you need to get realtemp and prime95. prime95 will stress your cpu to tell you if its stable let it run for at least 1 hour. i prefer 8 hours or more for me. also we need to know more about the ram your using. do you have your ram running 1:1 with your cpu?

Hi - thanks for replying.

I haven't stress tested at all, what does it actually do? I take it that it just increases the clock speed until it can take no more? I'll look into it tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jack.