Cell Phones - Whaddya Use?

Rokkaholik

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a Motorola RAZR2 V9m. It does its job pretty good, though it does have some kinks with its firmware. I bought it back in May of this year, so I'm guessing that there is some type of update for it. I haven't checked though.

Motorola-RAZR2-V9m-5.jpg

Either way, I probably should have gone with something cheaper. But I plan on keeping this one for the rest of my two year term, as well as another term. So it should work out well for both terms, if it lasts that long of course.

Edited by Ediseye

I have myself an AT&T Tilt (aka HTC Kaiser, aka TYTN II)

It has every feature of an iPhone, plus it used 3G back when the first iphone came out. also it has an actual physical keyboard, i don't think i could type on a virtual keyboard...

and best of all it runs WM6 which has so many free progs and OS tweaks that it makes the iphone apps look like a big money pit... oh wait, they are. lol

att-tilt.jpg

some people say it's too big, but i really don't mind it.

I have the ATT 8525, which is basically the same thing as the Tilt but the screen does not tilt up :( haha oh and it only has WM5 on it 400MHz processor isnt bad for a phone :)

Guest ajmatson

I have been a big Blackberry user for years but I decided to try something different when I went to Sprint. I ended up with the LG Lotus which is essentially a foldable Blackberry still with push email but better and also has Sprint TV and Music for down times :)

yhst7829564991285020261yn1.gif

Who says you invalidate by jailbreaking? :) You just reset the firmware to it's original state and call it a day :P I know other phones have auto correct too, I just meant that you dont need a proper keyboard because virtual keyboards are also good.

Lets not get into the iPhone vs. Omnia discussion here, shall we? I do agree that many things are flawed with the iPhone and do agree that the Omnia is superior, but as stated above, I got the iPhone because the Omnia woulda had 4 months wait.

Of course! And for the record, the iPhone works better than the Omnia by a long way. A long LONG way ... much more responsive than the Omnia lol.

Palm Treo 700WX.

No complaints. It stores all my txt messages, keeps track of my 50 e-mail accounts, manages my uber busy schedule, lets me check stocks/investment/finance data whenever I need to, and sends and receives calls.

700wx_1.jpg

Sony Ericsson K850i (on O2 UK)

Sony%20Ericsson%20K850i.JPG

things I like about it:

• 5MP camera with Xenon flash
  • the full camera controls you get like white balance, macro/telephoto, modes for nightime portrait (great for dark clubs!) etc, red eye reduction, timer, ISO levels, normal/spot light meter, image stabilisation (it's just f'n great as an impromptu camera on nights out :))
  • ~5min per video with LED lights
  • 3G/HSPDA/UMTS USB broadband modem functionality
  • MP3/MP4/MIDI/3GP/AMR ringtones, text message tone, alarm
  • standby battery = up to 2 weeks
  • heavy usage = ~2-3 days
  • tilt sensor for games / photos (i.e. automatically rotates image/video when you turn the phone)
  • Mass Storage function - OS independent, software-less access to memory card and phone memory
  • sound quality in call/speaker, and music/video playback is the best I've heard in a phone, and loud

things that could be improved:

• the keypad buttons are unnecessarily small, coupled with the fact that the D-pad is inside the numpad, it can be tricky when drunk, takes some dexterity lol
  • the touch sensors on the screen are sometimes not sensitive enough and require frustrated presses on the screen

my last phone was a SE W810i, and I loved it, and only upgraded to the K850i because I lost the W810i in a taxi in Vegas lol

(this phone is over a year old...)