The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

The wife gave me the green light for my birthday, plus some cash from good ol' mom:

AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400

DIYPC Shadow-H01-W White Dual USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower

Now I can drag my 760k, Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4 (rev. 3.0) & XFX DD R9 270x out of the ancient case they have languished in and actually get to some real OCing

The wife gave me the green light for my birthday, plus some cash from good ol' mom:

Now I can drag my 760k, Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4 (rev. 3.0) & XFX DD R9 270x out of the ancient case they have languished in and actually get to some real OCing

Why that memory though...seems excessive compared to the rest... :wacko:

Probably so he can overclock. :P

+1

I've been shackled by my current ram in my OC attempts, and the cost difference between slower speeds and other brands was not enough to pursue something different.

Sad moment though: found the XFX R9 290 for the same price I paid for my 270x...crazy how things change in 4mo

I fail to see the need for more than 1600Mhz...the money could have simply distributed to other areas of the build. Memory is the last place one should splurge. IMHO. It never pays

I've been shackled by my current ram in my OC attempts, and the cost difference between slower speeds and other brands was not enough to pursue something different.

Sad moment though: found the XFX R9 290 for the same price I paid for my 270x...crazy how things change in 4mo

How are you shackled? What are you running now?

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Girlfriends MAC to PC transition  parts.

AMD A8 7600 

MSI AX88 E-45

Corsair CX430 PSU

Coolermaster 212 Plus

N200 Case

Samsung EVO 840

2 x 2 Ripjaws (RMA) Replacing with Sniper 2133 2 x 4gb Sticks

Edited by TimeMachine

I fail to see the need for more than 1600Mhz...the money could have simply distributed to other areas of the build. Memory is the last place one should splurge. IMHO. It never pays

How are you shackled? What are you running now?

Sitting on 4gigs(1 stick) of 10700 that will not budge when I try to OC.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?app=gallery&image=2583

I have another 2gb stick, but running them both was causing issues.

I would have saved about $10-15 going to 1600 speed, not a make-or-break difference...plus the 2400 gives me room to upgrade other parts down the road.

It is, but every time I try to boost speed past the 3.8 starting point, computer won't post, giving me a memory fault code.

I managed to get to 4.0 once, but it wasn't stable and crashed as soon as I launched D3.

I've tried everything I can think of to get the current setup to scale up, same memory error code every time