The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

His headphones are wireless...and bluetooth at that. My creatives were "bluetooth" but had a proprietary dongle that plugged into the 3.5mm out

I didn't catch that, I assume/hope he is going to use them with a different set of headphones. The amp will do literally nothing when paired with bluetooth headphones.

LOL YOU SAID "DONGLE"! Dongle is my favorite word, makes me laugh every time I hear or read it. 

You could technically use that dongle (hehehe) to amp to the headphones but it would be pointless. The headphones and amp were designed to be used with each other and require no additional power to work well, the need only arises when you have a amp that is made for a much less power hungry headphones.

Precisely my point, I must have this matter settled lol

Bought my 3rd Porta Pro as the last one dies few weeks ago.

And JBL charge 2 as portable speaker for mobile as well as laptop.

You should consider recabling one of the broken porta pro's. I henestly can't think of a headphone that is easier to take apart. All you need is a soldering iron and a 3.5mm to rca cable to chop the rca;s off of.

The fix should make them more durable too. I recabled mine last year after it wore out near the jack, it's cheaper to fix it your self than send it in and have them fix it for "Free" a $5 soldering iron from walmart and some solder will work fine. 

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq=1&format=2&p_id=5597&kpid=5597&CAWELAID=1329451863&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=320013720000066114&cadevice=c&gclid=CNPkus-T28ECFWcF7AodAxkAbg

Using them to power my HE400 on my phone, not the LG Tone Pro.   :music:

http://imgur.com/wU7fW82

Ok, nowwwww I see a point lol. Have a ball then, I doubt the amp would do a lot for my simple koss headphones but I'd be interested in maybe seeing the difference with and without it when combined with some serious ones.

I bought interwebs today. By which I mean I let Waco drill a hole in the floor and I climbed around like a monkey routing a cable so I could have a wired connection. :)

But those speeds  :woot:

attachicon.gifspeedtest.png

:highfive: to you, my whole apartment is wired with the exception of my laptop and phone. Anything that doesn't move gets a wire, no wireless drama and yeah DAT SPEED!

I'll have to test the amp some more to see if I can even hear the difference. Its just nice to not have to max out the volume everytime I plug in something. So far the bass boost is meh. I just leave it turned off, may sound better depending on what music you listen to. I mostly listen to pop music.

My ISP gave everyone a free speed boost at the end of Oct. Went from 90 Mbps to 150 Mbps ($15/month through employee discount :D). Sadly no bump in upload speed, which is what I would rather have for streaming. It was hitting 170 Mbps on pre-release, not sure if its peak hours or they fixed it haha. 300 Mbps coming next year :P

3881808849.png

Edited by AZNguyen

I'll have to test the amp some more to see if I can even hear the difference. Its just nice to not have to max out the volume everytime I plug in something. So far the bass boost is meh. I just leave it turned off, may sound better depending on what music you listen to. I mostly listen to pop music.

My ISP gave everyone a free speed boost at the end of Oct. Went from 90 Mbps to 150 Mbps ($15/month through employee discount :D). Sadly no bump in upload speed, which is what I would rather have for streaming. It was hitting 170 Mbps on pre-release, not sure if its peak hours or they fixed it haha. 300 Mbps coming next year :P

3881808849.png

DAYMN  :cheers:

PICTURE!

You bastard lol I get like 130ish I think with Comcast's "105" plan. but not for $15/month! Hnnnnng, can you put my service in your name and I pay you :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S