The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Well it wasn't in bad condition, so it didn't have much to be done to it. All I know is it has a brand new engine, and the A/C was redone. I didn't look at it yet, it was just my dad, so he didn't remember too much. I'm gonna stop by tomorrow and take a look at it.

So it's fully restored...but you know nothing about what was done? :P

So it's fully restored...but you know nothing about what was done? :P

I haven't seen it yet, our bmw mechanic showed it to my dad when he was dropping off his car.

Do you have a pond you're putting them in? If so I demand pictures!

Just got an AquaClear 50 filter off of Amazon for $27. I picked the same thing up from Petsmart a couple months ago for $60. I wish I would have gone on the internet sooner. Soon I'll be grabbing an AC70 to convert into a HOB refugeum for my future ten gallon nano reef.

I like how the cow is just staring you down in that photo, Phil. :lol:

Those are some pretty good sized koi. At my old house, we always tried to get them fairly small since it was cheaper and then let them grow in our pond.

Just got a couple of large Koi on Craigslist. :thumbsup:

For size reference, they're in a 55 gallon drum.

post-9889-0-06549000-1320716613_thumb.jpg

Koi are officially one of the coolest pond fish. Here at work we had an old pool that used to house over 30 1-2foot koi only 20 or so sub 1foot, they get eaten :lol:

The pool got drained and Koi given out as they couldn't come to the new property. As it is too close to a waterway and what do you know they arent the most legal fish in my state. Either way most of the large ones and a decent few small ones have all ended up in one pond. My favorite is the nearly 2 foot semi translucent white one.

Oh and just bought Trackmania United had some overtime pay a thought why not I've thought about doing it for ages now

I like how the cow is just staring you down in that photo, Phil. :lol:

Is she staring me down, or am I staring her down?

Those are some pretty good sized koi. At my old house, we always tried to get them fairly small since it was cheaper and then let them grow in our pond.

Ha ha, I've tried that and they disappear. I had a fish kill one winter but I suspect there are still some giant Channel Cats in the pond. ;)

Koi are officially one of the coolest pond fish. Here at work we had an old pool that used to house over 30 1-2foot koi only 20 or so sub 1foot, they get eaten :lol:

Yes they are pretty cool, when I had them before I could see them swimming from inside the house. They do a great job of keeping weeds under control without overdoing it like grass carp.

post-9889-0-17537300-1320756764_thumb.jpg